Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair advice please :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair advice please :-)
    Posted: April 18 2005 at 9:06pm
to sossypops:

i have done this to my hair before. go to sally beauty and ask the ladies behind the counter where the aphogee treatments are. then pick up the treatment for damaged hair, it is in a white bottle with purple writing. you may also wish to pick up the keratin protein rebuilder, also by aphogee. follow the directions on the treatment, and then when it says to use their special moistruizer, use the keratin treatment. it works wonders for dry, frizzy hair. my hair started out stiff as straw, and now after the process i recomended above, it feels soft as silk again.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 11:02am
Dark blond with light orangey tones doesn't sound all that bad (not that orange)...you may want to consider just leaving it if it's flattering on your skin tone and looks like a natural shade.

With this much damage, probably the only way to get it looking nice again is to coat it with silicone products.  Those like pantene conditioner, Redken All Soft conditioner, and spray on leave-in conditioners can make dry hair look and feel a lot better.  They do leave buildup, and make hair worse over time, but for now you just need to fix what you have until it can grow out.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
sossypops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sossypops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 8:11am
I would say that my hair is a dark blonde with light orangey tones. At the moment i am more concerned about a semi-permanent not doing any more damage. My hair is a mass of dry frizz and i am trying everything to try and inject some moisture into it. it just looks awful and any advice would be much appreciated.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 7:05am
When you say strawberry blonde...exactly how much red or orange is in there? It's probable that the ash dye you used had a violet base and not a green one.  They are often both called ash on a box color (that's why it's best to shop at Sally so you can see what the base color is, or call the company that makes the box color and ask them).  I don't want to tell you what to use at this point because you need to decide exactly what color it is.  Is it more yellow orange?  A natural light red?  Mostly blonde but with a hint of orange?  A light blonde or a dark blonde?  All of these things would matter.  Something with a blue base in it should work fine on anything too orange, but if its not really THAT orange, it's getting risky. 

Remember that no matter what you do, test strand because your hair is very porous now and you have a greater chance of the base in the color showing through, so you want to get your timing just right.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 9:00pm
Maybe try a dark blonde color? I use it on my 8 time bleached hair. Yes 8 times... and it doesn't do anything bad to the processed parts of my hair.
So merely dying it won't melt your hair, but overly bleaching it will. Take it from me. I went through the BRIGHT BLEACH ORANGE hair thing. I had to go to a pro. to have it taken out. They made me a... dark blonde, it took away from the red and orange and looked good. Now I do my own using a dark blonde and caramel color. It lightens my black roots to a strawberry blonde color, and blends in nicely with my dark blonde pats.
I am not a fan of ash, it's kinda greeny/grey. I did ash blonde once and my hair turned Grey.. seriously grey. It was nasty.

The Dark Blonde is kinda like a light brown but not really, it works. I dunno if it would on yours. I'm no expert. I've done pretty much everything possible to my hair so I guess that makes me know a little. LOL. Rock on and I hope your hair turns out cool!

~Bambi~
~* Bambi Lee *~
sossypops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sossypops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 2:43pm
I have finally taken the plunge and bleached the black dye out of my hair. I had to bleach it twice and it ended up very orange. So i then used a permanent light ash brown dye over the top. The result i wanted was a light brown color but what i have got is more a dark strawberry blonde. My hair can't really take much more damage though and i am wondering what the best course of action is. Would putting another light ash brown dye on do anything? Would a semi-permanent be better? Any advice would be much appreciated - thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic