Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pink1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pink1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help!!
    Posted: April 18 2005 at 12:23pm

I dyed my hair on friday...well put highlights in

and the top part is orange and i hate it

2day i got a red hair dye

can i dye my hair again today? (monday)

is it safe to?

plz help!!

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 1:30pm
Don't do it.

I'm guessing you put these highlights in yourself using either a kit, or just plain bleach. If I'm wrong about this, go back to the salon and have them fix it.

The reason your highlights are orange is a combination of not bleaching them enough and coloring with the wrong shade to counteract your natural red pigment. If you'd had this done at a salon, they could have selected the toner needed to end up with the shade you wanted.

I'm also guessing that the red dye you bought is a permanent color. This contains lighteners which will further damage your highlights. To color over pre-lightened hair, you should go to Sally Beauty and get demi-permanent color in a green base, probably an ash blond. Semipermanent is better than permanent, but still could cause some damage.

What will happen if you color with this red dye (assuming your highlights don't break off) is that you'll end up with multicolored red hair. Is this ok with you, or are you just thinking that it'll have to be better than what you've got now?
pink1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pink1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 3:37pm

Thanks for the reply

yes it was all done at home..right now i think anything will be better than this orange that i have now...ive even brought the red dye..so how long will i have to wait to dye it again?

Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 7:50pm
I also don't recommend you recolor your hair again. A green based color will not counteract the orange as said above.. I work in the industry, and this a corrective color problem.. Many people get themselves in this same situation (so dont feel bad!) and try to fix it themselves resulting in a whole new mess... If you color over it with a permanant red and dont like that either, then it's going to be much harder to achieve your desired results then it will be right now.  If you're adamant on doing this yourself at home.. PLEASE go buy a demi permanant color in your NATURAL color -not red(maybe even a shade or two lighter then your natural color, since you're hair is now more porous as a result of the bleach...lighter shades will end up darker) and ONLY recolor the highlighted areas..This will give you a new canvas and you will be able to start over (hopefully with a new technique...OR stylist ) good luck.
Sara
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic