Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice on Growing Hair Longer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HopeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HopeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on Growing Hair Longer
    Posted: April 18 2005 at 10:11pm

Hey all,

I'm thinking of growing out my hair, which is a layered chin-length shag cut, into a layered shoulder-length style. My hair is very thick, slightly wavy, so I like to have layers to give it a little movement and to accentuate the texture. My current style is similar to Lisa Rinna's. I really like Eva Mendes' long hair. Of course it's not "Long" for some of you, but longer than mine has been in years! :) Any tips or products you would recommend? And how long do you think it would take?

Thanks, Hope

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 7:36am
Your hair will grow an average of 1/2 inch a month, so if you don't get the longest layers cut when you go in for a trim, and just get the upper layers refreshed, you can measure how long it will take on you by where it is now.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 12:58am
Be gentle. No blow dryers, heat styling, or chemicals. IMHO that's the easiest way to prevent damage and keep the growth.
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic