Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help! Dry Afro. lol.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PineappleMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PineappleMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help! Dry Afro. lol.
    Posted: April 20 2005 at 4:12pm

Hey everyone, this is my first post!

Anyhow, I need help with my hair. The BIGGEST problem with my hair is that it is very thick! urgh, I grew it out, and it eventually looked like a semi-afro. lol, this isn't the look I wanted. Sorry I don't have a pic, but I'm sure most people know what an afro looks like.

My hair is straight, but very thick and somewhat dry.

I just wanted to know is there any way to make my hair more like, say, Ashton Kutcher (lol sorry for lack of better example). I want it to be more shiney, and grow down, not up and out. Is this possible, or am I cursed to this damn hair? lol.

I'm tired of gelling my hair, had the same style for like a year. Plus, I'm completely clueless when it comes to products, and devices (flat irons, etc) lol so any help is appreciated.

Edited by PineappleMan
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 8:10pm
my first tip would be to go to a beauty supply store like sally and ask the clerk behind the counter what she would reccomend as the most moisturizing deep conditioner they sell. then, buy the shampoo from the same line, and use them every day. this sould help with the dry-ness. after your hair takes in enough moisture, you can stop using the deep conditioner every day, and start using it once a week. now, this does not mean stop using conditioner alltogether, you will need to get yourself a less intense conditioner. buy the one that goes with the shampoo you got. as far as getting the hair to lay flatter, all you need is a tiny bit of gel (no more than the size of a quarter) and a comb. put the gel in your hair, and then comb it down flat against your head. let it airdry. keep combing as it dries, and your hair should be pretty flat and straight, and not crunchy. hope that helps
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 8:22pm
I have news for you.

If you're tired of gelling your hair, but still have an afro, your hair's not straight. It's wavy and wiry and coarse, none of which you can do anything about in the long run.

I suggest you reassess your hair goals and find a style that it's actually possible for you to achieve, instead of torturing yourself and your hair.
PineappleMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PineappleMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 3:21pm
lol yeah, well it really isn't an afro, just poofy-ish. Sigh, well, I guess I'll use the gel tip and instead of making spikes, just comb it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic