Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Concealing hair loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Arsh55555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsh55555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concealing hair loss
    Posted: April 23 2005 at 1:10pm
Hi everyone,
I have female pattern baldness and my hair has really thinned out on top around my crown area.
i everyone,
I just started using this product called toppik hair building fibres to conceal my thinning hair It's this powder you shake on your hairline.. and it covers thinning hair.
Anyway, I'd give this product an 8/10., It works really well and conceals my thinning hair and makes it look thick. It undetectable. Downsides: it's not good for hair that isn't one colour (ie. if you have highlights), and also if your hair does not match on of the colors than it will be easy to detect the product on your head. Also, I wish there was a better way for it to be applied.
I've also heard good things about Sebastian body double or some line like that, however, I have not tried it yet.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 7:27am
I would much rather grow new hair than have to hide the problems I have, so I would rather spend money on trying different things to try to help rather than conceal.  Although I have threatened to just Matt Lauer it and wear a wig. . .
More awesome than a manatee!
Arsh55555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsh55555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 7:51am
Well that's your descision.
I basically posted this info, because this product has helped me during my quest to grow my hair back by concealing it.  For me, it does wonders and at least I don't feel as self conscious.  Also, it only costs like twenty dollars a month, which is affordable for me, versus spending tons of money on hair pieces that I would need to have replaced rather quickly as I have a very very active lifestyle.
Short of the laser comb, I'm not a big fan of Rogaine, Propeica etc.  In about a yr I intend on having a hair transplant.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic