Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

relaxed hair still needs straightening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
coldsexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldsexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: relaxed hair still needs straightening
    Posted: April 27 2005 at 11:58am

ok just about a month ago i got a relaxer put in my hair, i have medium length frizzy wavy hair which i had to strighten to get it pretty straight, after i went to the salon and got the relaxer put in my hair it looks alot better and its really easy to straighten most of the frizziness have also left my hair but i still have to straighten and style it which bothers me because i want to just walk out of the shower and comb my hair out and let it air dry, but when i do it it comes out kinda wavy, i know that i can get thermal hair straightening which is more permanent but my question is... how long do i have to wait before getting a more permanet straightening service done??? its been a month from getting my hair relaxed and i hate styling it, please and thank you!

all replies are appreciated

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 2:07pm

I think fighting your natural hair type is a losing battle... Hair will always grow back as wavy as it was. In addition, when straightening treatments wear off, the hair will have accumulated a sizable amount of damage. Some hair types are pretty resistant to change too.

If you get more straightening treatments done, keep in mind that it (a) takes $$$ (b) goes against the natural tendencies of your hair, and (c) you'll have to do it regularly in order to maintain straight hair. 

Modifying natural hair type is YOUR personal decision, but in my opinion I think you should make peace with your wavy hair. The grass is always greener on the other side. Here I am with straight hair, trying to get curls and waves using SOCKS  Of all things!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
coldsexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldsexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 9:30pm

i know, but i really like straight hair and i don't care how much it costs as long as it doesnt cost too much and i look alot better with straight hair, my wavy hair is really hard to manage, if only you knew how hard it is to control, and those rainy days are horrible i can't walk outside unless i have a hood or an umbrella, i love the rain but i can't enjoy it beccause of my annoying hair it gets in the way of a lot of things straight hair makes me happy and makes my life ALOT better i can't really explain but trust me your lucky that you have staright hair, because at least you can curl it whenever you want or you can go swimming and go out in the rain and take long walks on the beach without having a head of frizzy hair at the end of the day so trust me your blessed. :)

thanks for the reply AnaisSatin

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by coldsexy coldsexy wrote:

...straight hair makes me happy and makes my life ALOT better i can't really explain... :)

That's really too bad, because you're never going to have straight, styling-free hair. You're just going to beat yourself up and make yourself unhappy.

The problems you describe are caused by trying to force your hair to be straight.
coldsexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldsexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 9:07am
i guess your right eKatherine it would be alot better if i liked my wavy hair then their wouldn't be a problem and i wish i could like it but i can't force myself to like my natural hair just because it is my natural hair type and im sure there are several other people just like me who do spend lots on their hair because thats what they want. Thanks for the advice eKatherine i really appreciate it

coldsexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldsexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 5:48pm
anyone else have comments or suggestions??
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 11:19am
i know where you are coming from. i have curly hair, and i love to straighten it out too. however, i am not a fan of chemical straighteners. i tried using one once, and it turned my hair to mush! you can do whatever you want, i would just say to be careful of re-straightening already straightened hair. one process may be fine for your hair, but two processes could just fry it. good luck

learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
coldsexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldsexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 6:22pm

thanks for the reply Bryan  finally at least someone understands!  i was thinking of letting the relaxer grow out of my hair before i do anything else to it because as you mentioned it could fry my hair. After i do grow it out i'll probably get a more permanent straightening treatment and go in for touch ups in the future, it really sucks having to do all that, to alot of people that probably sounds like a real hastle but its worth it for me

anymore replies??

-thanks

baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 6:43pm
i know exactly how you feel too, i have had curly/wavy frizzy hair all my life and there was never a day in elementary school that i didn't get made fun of for it, theres absolutley nothing wrong with wanting to keep your hair straight because first off its your hair and secondly if it makes you feel good about yourself and gives you confidence then you should, although it might be better to stick to your natural hair you seem to feel strongly about having straight hair and there is nothing worng about it. I want to get my hair permanently straightened but i don't have the money for it right now, i'll probably get it relaxed though and keep it straightened with a flat iron. hope i helped!
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 10:21pm

bump

Edited by baby*flower
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic