Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Connect-2-Hair/ProFibre review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connect-2-Hair/ProFibre review
    Posted: April 30 2005 at 2:11am
Hey, girls. Okay, so after hearing some talk of Connect-2-Hair/softgentlebreeze's synth, I figured I'd give it a whirl.

The transaction itself was fine; I bought the item (one bag of bright red ProFiber) on the 15th, it arrived (in Chicago, IL) on the 26th. SGB was very polite through the whole transaction, though this was after her spat on the board with shel221, so she was possibly just being on her best behavior. And yeah, she told me shel's real name too (don't worry shel, I promise not to stalk you!) without me even asking about shel or mentioning her.

So, as to the hair. Amm identified a few problem areas; the texture, the goo on the hair, and the weight. The weight, to me, does feel off; I have a full bag of Prostyles hair in one hand, and the Connect-2-Hair in the other, and the C2H is definitely lighter. I would say it's at most 80 grams, and possibly as little as 60 (advertised weight is 95g). I don't have a scale, so I can't say for sure, but it is absolutely not 95 grams.

There is also some stuff on the hair that makes it chunky. Someone on Amm's thread said that SGB said it was a de-frizzing serum; I can see that being true, but there's enough of it to make the hair clumpy. And it also smells strongly of plastic. I plan on washing the hair before installing.

As for the texture...it actually feels okay (ignoring the hair serum). It is definitely finer than plain ol' BSS kanekalon silky braid- the strands are thinner and softer. Whether it's as good as Dome, Prostyles, Trimco, or PH, only time will tell- and to that end, I'm withholding feedback for the moment until I know how the hair wears. We all know that any hair can feel nice for the first few washes, and I can give feedback until, what, 90 days after the transaction? Which gives me plenty of time to see how this hair truly stands up to wear.

I took the Plastikhaar out (I was roots-tastic) and am doing some maintenance on my real hair before reinstalling- so I've got maybe another week before I'll have time to install this hair. It's going in with some black ProStyles, baby pink Dome, and white Trimco, so I'll have an opportunity to compare how all of them wear all on one head! Stay tuned for my initial review of the Connect-2-Hair in about two weeks.

-Rae
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 3:11am
I brushed the Profibre out and it still went back to looking like overcooked spaghetti after a few shakes. The hair itself feels clean but it could very well be coated in goo. I know it's heavily beaded when you hold it up to the light. If that's silicone, it'll wash out and the hair will morph into a further advanced state of caca.

You are not mistaken about the weight. All my scales report low weight. The hair is way off what's being advertised. Of course, she'll call you a liar and tell you that you tampered with it.

Good luck on trying it out. And even better luck if you happen to lay some neg feedback on her. She nuts up beyond belief and has sent me to date almost 30 pieces of email, attempted mediation, reported me for non-payment, filed for ebay credit after saying I didn't pay her, allegedly reported me for Internet trading fraud and is begging for mutual feedback withdraw. As soon as I finished yawning, I pulled her pigtails a little more and then kicked sand in her face.

I finally had to put my feedback private so she wouldn't bother past and present people who are/will be listed there. Really. She's that rabid.

How you installing your batch of PH? Loose?
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 5:13am

Hey well if you dont like her hair and put a bad review, let me know if she puts my name against it and i will forward it to my lawyer. Connect-2-hair AKA softgentlebreeze AKA Hannah hair AKA Profibre AKA Luckystar ! Woah too many names for one company, anyway there are verry unprofessional and i cant believe the lengths this lady will stoop to all because i told her her hair was rubbish and not up to the money i paid for it. She told me on the phone before i bought it that it was stunning hair and i would have no problems with it. I now feel that she faulsly promoted this hair to me as i wasnt happy with it and she wasnt prepared to allow me to return it. Why? is what i dont understand, it was unused and only received that day.

She has since then refunded my card (AFTER 8 WEEKS) because of all the bad publicity she is getting. I think she expected me to moan about the hair then forget about it! and be out of pocket! Hell no! 

She has now started emailing me which i find harassing as she is trying to say she hasnt received the hair back! I regret not sending it recorded delivery but felt that scunnered with her that i wasnt spending another penny! That has now given her amo however she says in an email to me "that all ebayers inform each other of customer that have has goods refunded and hadn't returned the item" THis is lies as she has blasted my details everywhere well before i got a refund which may i say was only a few days ago AFTER 8 WEEKS.  The hair was sent back to her!  All this trouble because i felt i received hair like a horse's tail instead of human hair and complained to her.  It certainly wasnt useable!

Mmm just thinking......Connect-2-hair  Not to be confused with "Connect hair Systems" who are a reputable London company and do hair for catwalks and promotions etc "Connect Hair Systems,  5 Adelaide Tavern, London, NW3 3QE tel: (+44) 0207-483-3845.  They have just recently sold one of their old websites and are only available by telephone and are in NO WAY connected to Connect-2-hair in Manchester! and sell completely different quality of products. 

"Profibre" - Not to be confused with "Prohair"

Edited by shel221
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 9:31am

I knew she was crazy after she kept badgering Shel and that one stupid post she made about being a dog.

Now she's bothering you, AMM?

Can we shoot her like the rabid dog she is, to  put her out of her (and our) misery?

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 9:46am
Seriously, Rae, I would not install that hair. Dollars to doughnuts, it's not as good as Dome, PH, or Prostyles, and if you do post a less-than-stellar review, you can be sure there will be some retribution or reprisal. Already, the hair is underweight and doused in serum, and the vendor is distributing confidential information about her customers all over the Web. Dealing with this person at all just seems like a lose-lose to me, especially when there are so many other good synth brands to choose from. :)
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 11:50am
I just want to give something the absolute benefit of the doubt before panning it. Though even if this hair magically wears wonderfully, I doubt I'll use her as a supplier; the low weight of the hair, needing to wash it before it's used, and the fact that the shipping time I experienced was a little bit longer than PH's Priority, make it a less reliable option than PH or even Trimco (from Hairpolice).

I'm going to install it anyway. If nothing else, it buys me some hair-time while I find some more red monofiber. I can always take the red out and replace it with something better.

And, fun thing about the feedback; she's already given me a positive once I paid (as sellers are supposed to do), and iirc you can't retract feedback. So I figure the worst thing she can do is give me a negative follow-up, and I'd love to see what that might say...."No wait, she didn't pay me after all"?

And as far as giving out my information, that doesn't bother me so much. My full name is on my business webpage anyway!

-Rae
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 11:54am
Oh yeah, and I'm brushing out my natural dreads before I put these extensions in (the Dome/Prostyles/Trimco/Pofibre combo)- they're almost 3 years old, but I've already got one dread out and salvaged almost the entire length of my hair (chin-length), so I'm making good progress. I'm going to try doing pinchbraids on my own head- we'll see how that goes! Failing that I'll just do some short (2 inch-ish) open-ended braids.

-Rae
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 12:00pm
Holy cow, Rae!  That must take a lot of patience to take out dreads.  I didn't even think it was possible.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 2:05pm
metal, yeah, it's been non-stop. I can block her anytime I want but then I wouldn't have a folder overflowing with information. We'll just see if she's reckless enough to escalate her antics to the point where I'm not afforded the same online luxuries I have. I studied civil and criminal law in college and have many years working experience in that field and I am well aware the unfortunate road this chick is choosing to traveling down. All because of a clump of hair? Man, some people don't know which battles are important, yanno?

shel, your attorney can contact me anytime and I will forward the information which pertains to you.     

Bravo to you, Rae. I didn't think well established dreads could be dismantled. I was certain they were all shaved off. My next challenge are pinchbraids. I would love to try them. And if I can't do them myself, I'll pay for someone to do it. Oh, how I long to sit in a chair and be hair pampered for a few hours. Looking forward to seeing everything in.

AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 4:56pm
YIKES, after what happened with shel why would you even bother with this seller? she sounds scary (for someone w/o money for a lawyer) lol
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 12:54am
Yeah, natural dreads can be taken out- it's a matter of pulling the hair out of the -top- of the dread, instead of trying to brush them out from thebottom. (Same technique works great for post-extension root tanglies.)

And as for why I'm doing this...I really can't stand to dis anything unless I know for sure it's crap. And I'm just too curious for my own good; I want to really know the extent of the badness of this hair, I suppose.

-Rae
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 6:25am
Some people think that bad publicity is better than NO publicity. Seems like her and her "pawsee" intentionally set out to push some buttons to piss people off and to get noticed and have her company talked about. This possibly could have been part of her plan-to get people to discuss her hair, then to buy it themselves to find out if ALL her hair is really crap. E.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic