Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

not sure if this would work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: not sure if this would work?
    Posted: May 06 2005 at 3:16pm
If you have the cash, going to a salon for a color job is always good!  Have fun!

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
stephanie11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 1:02pm
ya I have dyed my hair myself before like once but ya I think I would be better off going to the salon
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 12:24pm

I have dyed my hair black before to cover bright red.  The red was covered, but still showed through a little bit.  I liked that though because the color was like a dark cherry.

About using black dye, it's ok for young girls/women, but if you are any older than 35, black dye will most likely make you look older because it is so harsh against "mature" skin. 

Go for the "do it yourself" box dye from the drugstore.  Have you ever dyed your hair yourself before?  It's easy to do once you get the hang of it and saves you tons of money.

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 6:57am
Be aware that if your highlighted sections are light yellow blonde to almost white, they may come out a funny color.  You would have to buy a box dye then with an opposing shade and cover them again if this happens, and they would be fine.  (If they come out green or blue, and you used a blue black dye or ashy black, you would just use a very dark reddish shade on your highlighted parts only...vice versa if they come out more orangy, get an ashy black shade to use only on them...in other words, if it happens you can fix it).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 7:54pm
Probably not, but permanent dye contains ammonia, which lightens the hair and allows the dye to attach to the cuticle more securely. This could damage your already-highlighted sections to the point where they might break.

You can always refresh your color when it fades. Demipermanent color is the least damaging of all. You can get it at Sally Beauty.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 7:44pm
would a semi pernament last longer than a pernament one?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 6:15pm
Box dyeing would be a lot cheaper. I'm sure you could do this on your own.

Since your hair already contains bleached sections, you should probably use a semipermanent dye, rather than a permanent one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 5:26pm

well I was thinking about box dyeing it would be alot cheaper I was wondering if I would get the same results as I would at a salon?

Edited by stephanie11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 7:03pm
I'm sure they could do it for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephanie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 6:34pm

well my hair is naturally chestnut brown but I always dye  it black but near christmas time I got bleach blonde highlights put in but in June I want to dye my hair black again would this work without looking all brassy?

oh by the way I am going to a salon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic