Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shorthairforme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairforme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help?
    Posted: May 03 2005 at 10:05pm
I am new to this board and I have a question.  I have had short hair for over 10 years now and love how easy it is but I feel like I have had the same look for so long.  I have been letting it grow out in the last few months but I don't know what I want.  I have VERY thick, coarse, wavy hair and it is so unmanageable right now.  I like the flip styles I see but my hair never does what I want.  I can't seem to explain what I want to my stylist and I haven't found the right picture to show her.  I have been with the same stylist for several years and have tried a few others but didn't like the results so have gone back to my stylist now.  My stylist does not do razor cuts either.  Any suggestions?  I would appreciate any feedback.  Thanks.
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 7:45am

Oh yes dear, I totally understand because I have wavy hair too, and the style always looks the same.  Here's my conclusion.  Those cute flip styles you see will take work every morning at styling and heating and trying to get your hair to do what it naturally doesn't want to do.  So...if you are willing to spend time on your hair each AM, then get a cute flippy cut.  I'm not willing to spend time on my hair every day, so I let it go natural and the result is my hair looking the same.

Also, another thing to consider is using different styling products.  You may need heavier pomades to keep a new style in place.  It's ironic because people love other people with wavy hair, but wavy haired people are so frustrated with their own hair because it's hard to tame without serious work.

As for the cut, we'd need to see a picture of your face shape to give you good feedback on a new style.

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
shorthairforme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairforme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 4:32pm

Thanks for the input.  I definitely do not want to spend a lot of time on my hair.  I have 2 small children so my time in the morning is limited.  I usually shower and then put some product in it and then kind of let it air dry and run my fingers through it before we are out the door for the day.  I was using a product called rubber that worked pretty good but my salon does not have the product anymore so I tried this stuff called molder, matte texture cream.  It works ok but I have to be careful if I use too much it makes my hair sticky......

I am going to try and post a picture of myself.  I go for another hair cut appt next week.

eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 3:27pm
A picture would be great!

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic