Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Totally divided on short and long hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 6:48pm

Thank you thank you thank you.  Just an update: I've purchased a short wig off ebay and am waiting for it to arrive (got it from the US..so it might take some time).  Once I get this, I'll try it out and see what it looks like (and take notice of other ppls comments). Then, I think I'll go from there.

Btw...I did manage to find a pic of me with short hair, taken about  8 years ago.  I was doing some hair modelling for the salon, so the pic is a little bit..umm....strange   But anyway, you can see what the short hair looks like.  I'd go for a different style this time though (no fringe on my face...maybe swept to one side).

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 1:52am

I kinda like that pic. . . looks like a woman with a secret. . .

What style of wig was it?  Maybe you could link the auction page here for us to check out.

More awesome than a manatee!
wendyladi98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 8:58pm

I think the decision for long or short has a lot to do with your expectations of the style. I hate using heat, gel, etc on my hair and I love braids and buns and all sorts of styles like that. I got the big chop about 7 years ago and was told how easy short hair is. Well it completely was against my daily routine. I no longer washed my hair at night because I had to style it fresh from the shower or it looked sloppy. I had very little freedom with it and really didn't like it. I really am a bun and ponytail gal. I don't like hair in my face but I like the option of a dressy feminine style. So I started the growing out process again and it seems every couple years I get amnesia and cut it again. (LOL) For me short hair is just not right. For you it could be great. I also use wigs and falls and they are fantastic for when you don't really feel like spending  hours on your hair. If you do decide to go short, just remember that there are so called wash and go styles and there are some that take almost as much time as long hair. Your curls should be a plus because you probably could just scrunch and go, depending on how short you go. I also recommend gradually reducing the length. I went from mid back to jaw line and talk about traumatic!

Good luck and remember, it's just hair it will grow. I think it is fun to try it at least once. I did enjoy my bob days, but that was also in high school when everyone was experimenting. I am much more secure in my personal style now. You may find the short cut was just what you needed!

"In the darkness, see the light. Remember God loves you"
ricksnip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksnip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 2:54am
go short it looks awesome on you
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 5:35am

Just for you Kuroneko.....here is a pic of the wig I bought (off ebay):

The colour I bought was "Strawberry blonde" which I figure would have to be close to my colour.  And it's human hair, so it's stylable (is that a word??) Can't wait for it to arrive!

Wendy, I think you think VERY much like me! I too like the ease of long hair and I do worry about the styling of a short style. But I tend to chop it all off every few years too. Maybe I should resist this time? But I feel like my personal sense of style is a bit clearer to me now but I'm not sure where my hair fits in with it. Aaagh! What am I saying? It IS only hair isn't it? I like wearing hair pieces too, so that is also an option. Hey, I even like your signature

Thanks Rick...that's the kind of decisive comment I wish my husband would make!! hehehe

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:37am
I LOVE your short hair pic as well as the wig you bought.  I think either syle is a win for you!
alvin8191 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alvin8191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 8:01am
You look great in short hair! Very cute. I can totally see you in the style of the wig you bought. It's in line with that bed head look you were talking about.
short is good, buzzed is better, bald is best!!!
S_Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 10:59am
I'm a huge fan of short hair and side swept fringe.  I tried the side swept fringe last fall and while I loved the look, it can be a pain in the butt to upkeep and keep out fo your eyes.
Stephanie
wannabecurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabecurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 3:08am
Buying a wig is a great idea. A rule of thumb that I never follow is to think if over for two weeks before getting it cut. That way you'll be less likely to have regret because you've thunk it over so long. BTW, I think you look great with long or short hair. Good luck with the decision. Make sure to post a pic of your new wig and if you get it cut.
Nikkipatiently waiting for the hair I dream of. 1c/m/ii
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 3:44am
It's a cute wig, and should suit you.  Have fun trying it out, and be sure to tell us what you decide ^_^ .
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 7:04am

OK....here is an update guys.  I got the wig and it was kind of ummmm......yucky! hehe  Actually, it didn't look much like the pic on ebay and I had already threw out the tags etc by the time I made up my mind that it really wasn't wearable.  Anyway, I will re-sell it.

In the meantime...I did go and get my hair cut :)  I had it cut into a layered bob which I'm really enjoying right now.  I do plan to keep going shorter and am taking the "gradual" advice.   Anyway, here is a pic I took today:

I still am having dramas with my fringe and have not decided whether to grow it out, so I usually just bobby pin it to one side.

So there you go.  What do you think?

makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 7:32am
WOW!  Looks terrific.  Look forward to seeing it go gradually shorter.  Thanks for sharing with us.
S_Miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S_Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:01am
Wonderful cut..the bangs will come..;)
Stephanie
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 2:18pm

Glad you like your shorter hair - it looks wonderful!

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:42pm

You look good! Go short.

Love it

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 3:00am

What kind of drama?  Too short?  Too blunt?  Just don't want them?

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 5:13am

Well, I just feel as if I NEED a fringe.....kind of insecure without a fringe.  I can go fringeless if I wear my hair down...but if I wear it up, then I feel like I just need that extra hair on my forehead. Crazy huh?  So when my hair is down, I put my fringe away to the side, but it's short (and I keep cutting it!), so it never really looks good there.  Plus, with curly hair, it's difficult to have a fringe that doesn't look like a bad 80s perm!

So that's my drama

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic