Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

starting from scratch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: starting from scratch
    Posted: May 11 2005 at 2:01pm

How many of you ever had a hair blooper or were just frustrated, and wanted to just shave your head and start all over.

Thats pretty much what I did.

Im just wondering, how would you care for your hair if you could start all over? 

Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 3:32pm

I have definitely thought about that, as I'm sure most people here have.  Never done it though.

Did you get, like, a pixie cut?  Or did you actually shave your head?

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 5:02pm
Good luck Kalika, the pic in the avitar looks pretty,  how short is it now?
I hope you can get some good advice from the board.

Cheers Starfighter
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 6:39pm

well I shaved my head into a mohawk a while ago, and then when it grew out enough I clipped it all off, so right now I have like 3/4 of an inch of virgin hair.

Ive always wanted to do that lol

But now that Im starting all over, Im looking for tips and stuff.  Cause its been a long time since Ive had long hair, Ive processed it and worn extensions on and off for years.

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 6:49pm
Take care of your hair, and...

STEP AWAY FROM THE BLEACH BOTTLE!!!

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
kimbleachblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbleachblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 7:01pm

Kalika,

Is that your real hair in that picture?  It's really pretty! Yeah I know what you mean about starting from scratch.  I'm trying to let my hair grow long now again.  It's been 3 years now since I have had below shoulder length hair and I miss it! :-(   But at the time when I had it cut to (short, spiked) I liked it!  How long is your hair now?  I posted down below so you can see what my hair looks like now.  Please post pic's of what your hair looks like now.      Let's go on the long hair journey together for support!     Kim

Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 10:39am

*giggles about the bleach*  Yeah Yeah I know

Kim - the hair in those photos was a do it yourself extension job, my hair was only about 4" when I installed them.

My hair now is less then an inch of virgin hair.  woohoo

My laptop is in for repair right now, but when I gat it back I can post pics of my uber-short do

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 9:31pm
Hi Kalika   Trying to grow my hair longer too and I just had 2 inches taken off the bottom because they felt like straw - Ouch that was hard to do.  I am trying really hard not to do anything bad to it like highlight and do my own coloring.  I must say though - you rocked in the mohawk and looked cute at the same time too .  Are you going to do extensions again?
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 3:29am
pshaw, of COURSE Im doing extensions again!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 7:06am
I started from almost scratch.  After my henna goof I had to go to an ear length bob.  I actually walked around with my bra strap length blue green henna disaster hair for 6 months just because I was unwilling to go any shorter. (And sea monster green is so totally unflattering on my skin tone!)
(
)

You can see pictures of all of that on my "hair journey" page on my website if you want a laugh.

Edited by Susan W
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
casseyj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casseyj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 8:06am
it sounds like you might need a professional.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 7:46pm
I grew my hair from a typical short execu-cut.  Basically I fussed with it as little as possible.  Washed it every only other day, and had the longest layers micro-trimmed once every 6-8 weeks (the stylist knew my goal was to grow my hair longer, and he supported my goal -- he'd trim only 1/4" to 1/8", so I kept most of what grew).  I did not (do not) use hair color or otherwise apply heat (occasional blow-dry 'til slightly damp on warm heat, but I haven't blow-dried in years).

HTH.  Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic