Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paul Mitchell HighLift Color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paul Mitchell HighLift Color
    Posted: May 12 2005 at 2:10pm
Does anyone out there have any experience with this or know anything about it? Opinions, comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome. My stylist would like to try this on me instead of my normal Wella color (which is actually not a high-lift, but a Level 10 with equal parts 30/40 volume processed for 45 min.) and he is insisting that on hair my type (fine and a natural level 6) it will lift four levels. Would appreciate some feedback. Thanks!!
2C-Fine-Normal, 23 inches wavy Base of ponytail circumference: 4 inches
Goal: BSL, Approximately 2 to 3 inches from current length
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 8:15am

Why not try it. I mean if your hairdresser recommends it.

If you're not satisfied with the lightness of the hair, your hairdresser could just lighten the roots a little more using bleach and then toning.

But If you're truly satisified now, I don't see the need for a change. And the fact the highlift dye is more damaging to your hair, since it contains more ammonia than what normal permanent dye does.

Sounds strange though, that you can get 4 levels of lift with just a normal dye.

norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 9:20am

Swede (and whomever may be interested)

I had my hair appt. this week. My stylist used the Paul Mitchell High-lift Platinum on me and I am AMAZED at how much it lifted. Easily 4 levels, but the processing time was 50-55 minutes w/40 volume. My scalp is somewhat sensitive and I did not have any irritation or discomfort. Believe it or not, he said the highlift Paul Mitchell took 15 years in development and is actually lower in ammonia than many high-lifts out there. He loves it, but it is only a realistic option for those people who are a natural level 6 or lighter (I barely squeaked by)  I had two things going in my favor: fine hair, and a level 6 natural base that is ashy. After the color I had a glosser put on. When I came in to work today everyone commented on my hair and asked me if I got it trimmed, I said "no, why?" and one woman said, "because it looks healthier!"

My hair feels really silky and I cannot even believe how good my roots blend with my previously highlighted-with-bleach ends. My stylist said the color turned out even better than he expected, so no highlights were necessary to blend it. After this he said he will do foils every 3 to 4 months using bleach with only 10 volume. Overall, very happy with how it turned out!!

2C-Fine-Normal, 23 inches wavy Base of ponytail circumference: 4 inches
Goal: BSL, Approximately 2 to 3 inches from current length
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic