Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I’m DESPERATE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
KingJames23 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:13pm
yeah use that proactiv it works like a charm
B.M.F PIMPIN WE NOT A SQUAD WE A MOVEMENT.
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:14pm
me and my sister uses it trust me you will like what you see after you use it
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Sad_one Sad_one wrote:

I've tried pro-active and it make my skin horrible. It irritated it and made it worse.

What's acutane? I'm really not up for trying harsh creams or cleansers, they seem to make things worse for me.

how did proactive make your skin horrible the people i know that used it they never complained about any of the happening to them

fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by KingJames23 KingJames23 wrote:

how did proactive make your skin horrible the people i know that used it they never complained about any of the happening to them

I also tried proactiv and had a bad experience with it, the problem is that proactiv contains a prescription-grade of benzoyl peroxide that penetrates the skin to fight acne problems, and people that already have very sensitive skin or skin that doesn't react well to that ingredient may sometimes have a negative reaction to it.

If someone has a bad reaction to the proactiv, when using the three or four step process,the best thing to do is stop using it until the face clears up and use one step at a time to see which product is actually causing the reaction. for example week one use only the cleanser, if there are no problems, then week two use the cleanser and the toner and so forth and so forth until your able to weed out the product thats causing the irritation. 

If it's only one part of the process giving you problems, possibly substitute for a less harsh product. If it's all three call the proactiv reps and they will more than likely refund your money, they refunded mine.

hope this helps some..... 

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
cutenss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutenss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 3:02pm
I also have a problem with adult acne.  (I'm 37).  I have been doing alot of research on internal remedies for this problem.  I started using something called CLEARITOL.  I bought it off ebay for less that $10.00.  It has helped alot fo shrinking pores.  My skin is like 90% less oily.  My face used to stay "slick" with oil. Not so much any more.  I still get occasional breakouts.  My forehead is not yet totally clear.  The clearitol has helped alot.  And I didn't have a problem with buying off ebay.  I googled it to do additional research and found other site that sell it as well.  I also found this website that was very encouraging. http://www.store.yahoo.com/vitacures/  I will be order this VERY SOON.  The common link that I found with internal acne remedies is natural hebs and vitamins, especially B5.  I hope some of this helps.  I am lucky that I didn't have to experience acne as a teen, but being an adult does not make it any easier.  SAD ONE, lets us know how it goes, hopefully your name won't reflect you much longer!   
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 7:46am

Originally posted by cutenss cutenss wrote:

I am lucky that I didn't have to experience acne as a teen, but being an adult does not make it any easier.  

Ditto, for that statement. I NEVER had acne problems as a teen, back then it would have even been more acceptable - I could have blamed it on puberty or changing hormones. But now, as an adult it stinks to have skin problems, mine isn't so much the acne, but atopic dermatitis and it drives me crazy when I have a break out.

Can't blame it on puberty this time. Darn

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
gatorstompin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorstompin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 9:02am
i had a huge problem with acne when i was younger.  i tried benzoyl peroxide which helped a little but my skin was sensitive to it.  i tried just about everything out there.  then st. ives came out with that apricot scrub with the medication in it.  i use that and i haven't had one break out since.  every now and then throughout the day, i also take a hot/warm wash washrag and just sit it over my face. it also helps you relax.  maybe that will help you.
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 12:20pm

Originally posted by gatorstompin gatorstompin wrote:

i tried benzoyl peroxide which helped a little but my skin was sensitive to it. .

this is the exact reason why i couldnt use that proactiv, i have sensitive skin and benz perox just made it worse.

Originally posted by gatorstompin gatorstompin wrote:

then st. ives came out with that apricot scrub with the medication in it.  i use that and i haven't had one break out since. .

this is one thing i havent tried, i might have to give it  shot. you havent had any problems with the scrub??? my face seems to have a negative reaction when i exfoliate it to often. how often do you use the scrub?? 

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorstompin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 12:23pm
naw. i ain't had no problems.  matter of fact, ever since i been using it people say my face look a lot younger like i'm still in high school but without the acne.
The world is mine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorstompin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 12:24pm
i use the scrub once in the morning and then right before bed.  during the day i take a hot wash rag to my face and just let it sit til it cool down then run it under some more hot water.
The world is mine.
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 2:00pm
thanks imma have to try that, and see how it works for my skin. i'm super sensitive so i tend to irritate my skin even more when i use scrubs and exfoliants. but who knows this might be the one- thanks for the info
"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic