Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nair to go Bald

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nair to go Bald
    Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:18pm

I looked all over the place to see if this was a topic and couldn't find it.  I love my bald look but I am tired of shaving it every few days.  Has anyone heard of someone using Nair on their head?  If so, does it work well?  Does it last longer bald?  If so, how long?  Lastly, does it cause any damage to your hair if you decide to grow it back out?  Anyones facts would be very appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 4:13pm

Please don't use it on your head ---it burns!  It can cause 3rd degree burn on your scalp! 

There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 4:17pm
Why would it not cause problems on your legs, sideburns, or mustache area (for girls) but cause problems on your head?  I didn't see any warnings on the bottle for your head.
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 6:09pm
Your head is sensitive. But if you donot believe go ahead and use it. 
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 11:08pm

Have you seen Star Wars Episode 3 yet?

After Anakin's head and body gets burned and his skin looks pink. That's how a scalp looks after Nair is applied to it.

Edited by DarkHelmet
linz_legrand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linz_legrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by bnbivi00 bnbivi00 wrote:

Why would it not cause problems on your legs, sideburns, or mustache area (for girls) but cause problems on your head?  I didn't see any warnings on the bottle for your head.

Yea it does cause problems!!  Especially for sensitive skin!  When i used Nair it itched sooo bad and after I washed it off it had taken off skin with it and I had what looked like tiny bleeding puncture marks!  Believe me -- shaving is NOT that bad!!

Edited by linz_legrand
wannabecurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabecurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 3:36am

You could always get the top of your head waxed. I'd never do it but I once saw a guy at the hairdresser getting his head waxed. OUCH!!

Nikkipatiently waiting for the hair I dream of. 1c/m/ii
jamesholaspple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesholaspple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 2:49am
I to have a shaved head and let me tell you I have tried everything from nair to waxing and boy did I feel dumb the wax did not pull out much but what it did get hurt like hell. and the nair they are right It burns and only get chunks of it. after everything I found there is nothing wrong with my mach 3
your always beautiful no matter what you do to your hair
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 11:03am
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic