Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

red upkeep at home.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
freya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: red upkeep at home.
    Posted: May 19 2005 at 7:56pm

i just spent $250 to get my color touched up (i am naturally med blonde and this is the 3d time i have had it colored red...) it has been one month and the color is gone.  the first time they colored it was with a demi-perm color (goldwell) and it was fantastic.  i think they are using elumen--but i don't know why it is different these past two visits.  i am trying to save some money if possible...it's just a lot to spend...and on top of that--the haircut is $100...any suggestions for trying something at home?   (nyc--it's an average price i hear)

thanks.

oh- i've been using goldwell color care shampoos at home, too. 

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 7:19am
It's not too hard to go red yourself.  Most reds (even permanent) do slide right out though (the conditioner is a big culprit in helping it wash out).  You may want to stick with semipermanents for that reason.  They will come out too, but at least they are less damaging than the permanents if you're going to need to redo your whole head because of the fading.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 7:15am
Originally posted by freya freya wrote:

i just spent $250 to get my color touched up (i am naturally med blonde and this is the 3d time i have had it colored red...) it has been one month and the color is gone.  the first time they colored it was with a demi-perm color (goldwell) and it was fantastic.  i think they are using elumen--but i don't know why it is different these past two visits.  i am trying to save some money if possible...it's just a lot to spend...and on top of that--the haircut is $100...any suggestions for trying something at home?   (nyc--it's an average price i hear)

thanks.

oh- i've been using goldwell color care shampoos at home, too. 

I think there's one really safe way of doing it yourself.

Try color by robertcraig

http://www.merchantamerica.com/robertcraig/index.php?ba=view _category&category=2331

There aren't so many shades to choose from sadly, the thing is that color by robert craig doesn't contain any ammonia or peroxide. So it's safe to pull through already colored hair again, and again, and again. You'll need to refresh your hair very often. Since red dye is notorious for fading really fast. I'm glad you're a natural medium blonde. Since that means you don't have to prelighten your hair before using a red dye to get it vibrant enough.

Another thing you might want to know, is that color by robertcraig works the same way as elumen does, theres no oxidiation in the process :D.

While your at it, I'd suggest you'd get yourself some special shampoo for red colored hair to minimize fading.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic