Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Asian Hair ever! (pic)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 11:54am

I think most people clarify with ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) because it smells better than regular vinegar. Some people have had good luck with rice vinegar (a little milder than ACV) or red wine vinegar for redheads. Other people swear it's a hair color thing: they use lighter colored vinegar for lighter hair. I use ACV because it's readily available in bulk

As for the C, if you wish. Usually the last C is pricier than the C in the COW. For this reason I like to mix any cheapie conditioner into the COW. (as long as it's silicone free. Scalps don't seem to like silicone)

Hope this helps

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
mintychoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mintychoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 12:26pm
Yes, thank you so much!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 8:37pm
So how's the scalp and hair these days, Mintychoc? 
Jade30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 1:48am

There's a chance that it might not even be the shampoo that she is using. It might be the weather and the water. When I lived in Hong Kong (97-2k), it was the worst three hair years of my life. There were sooooo many chemicals in the water it was not funny. :(

Yoshiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoshiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 12:26pm
Hi , why don't you try herbal essences moisturizing shampoo. the one I had was purple color bottle with avacado/blackberry/mango.  I have asian coarse curly hair and this shampoo tames frizz so good.  Try rinsing with cold water too when you're done. Paul mitchell conditioners work good too for conditioning.
mintychoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mintychoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 10:16pm

At the moment, I layered my hair in a "U" shape, It seemed better for around 2 weeks, but after that, my hair went back to being frizzy but it looks more manageable than the first picture. I still do not have the confidence to let it down, but it looks much nicer in a ponytail. I use this product called "cuticle cover" which contains some jojoba oil (couldn't find jojoba oil in its pure form) and it makes my hair appear less dry.

I also use the conditioner+shampoo, then conditioner method. I'm not sure whether it makes any difference yet, but I'm going to keep using this method and see.

I tried using herbal essences shampoo before Yoshiki, it doesn't work on my hair.

I do think that the weather plays a very important part, as it's rather hot over here and my hair frizzes up in the heat. If I should stay in an air conditioned room, my hair will frizz as minimally as possible. However, my other straight haired friends retain their glossy straight frizz-less hair even in the hottest day of the week.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 1:03am

Hang in there Mintychoc! Good to hear your hair has been more manageable. Weather does indeed play an important part. Here's to a quick passing of the warm humid season.

a happy day to you

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
lana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2005 at 6:07pm
hello,

try crede at shampoo with the crede er treatment. it's supposed to work
really well with curly hair to smooth it out...i use crede ft and i like it a lot.

makeitafrappe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitafrappe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:01pm
:::looks at pic::

Hey look, it's my hair.
Except I pin it into a bun, not a ponytail.

Ever tried Mane 'n Tail?
It's originally for horses, but it's been used, sold and advertsized for people.

It's worked somewhat well for me: soft, not as tangly, not as frizzy and with a subtle shine-not bad, eh?

Fire in the...Taco Bell!
Silver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 4:30pm
WOW, some amazing HAIR pictures, I want to see some more ,LOTS more
A new site for hairdressers http://www.hairdressersforum.co.uk
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2005 at 3:36pm
I use Catwalk by TIGI curl defining shampoo & conditioner but since I
have an oily scalp I am forced to shampoo every other day and only use
conditioner below my ears.

Catwalk products have Curly hair Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave-In,
Booster and Amplifier. Maybe they'll make your hair look a little less like
a pile of frizz?
fawnsweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fawnsweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:16pm

I dont really have much of a feedback except when i saw Dave's hair pic i was like... damnn!!!!!  That is a LOT of hair.

all good though...  

Peace people.. fawnsweet

This too shall pass!!!
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by fawnsweet fawnsweet wrote:

I dont really have much of a feedback except when i saw Dave's hair pic i was like... damnn!!!!!  That is a LOT of hair.

all good though...  

Peace people.. fawnsweet

Awww!  Thank you, fawnsweet! 

BTW, nice blacklight photo of your dazzling teeth.
fawnsweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fawnsweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 1:13am

Yeah aren't they great...and they were on sale too...lol! just kiddin...

fawnsweet

This too shall pass!!!
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2005 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by fawnsweet fawnsweet wrote:

Yeah aren't they great...and they were on sale too...lol! just kiddin...

fawnsweet

$39.99 crest white strips?  or much dinero at the dentist, perhaps?
Sk8RcH1cK1773 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sk8RcH1cK1773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 8:13pm
Well i have wavy/frizzy hair (i am asian too btw) so i always like use straightener and after that i use hair spary that is like extra quick dry and use like Herbal Essensce frizz control gel spray cuz i dont really like hair spray smell and that Herbal Esessensce cover that spray smell and also is frizz control
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world"

You Ryan Sheckler is WORLD to me <3~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic