Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OTC Acne Pills

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
linz_legrand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linz_legrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OTC Acne Pills
    Posted: May 20 2005 at 2:37pm
Hi everyone!

Does any one have a recommendation for an over-the-counter acne pill?  I would love to go to a dermatilogist, but both my mom and I have had run-ins with the dermatologists in our area so it's really not an option.  I started using "Nature's Cure" pills and didn't notice much of a difference, but then again I could never remember to take it as directed (2 pills a day -- wayyy too much for me to remember! hehe).  "Nature's Cure" is the only OTC acne pill I have seen, but I haven't looked too hard. My acne is pretty mild, but occasionally I have terrible flare-ups and (as a teenage girl) my apperance is very important to me so any recommendation would be VERY much appreciated!!  Thanks in advance!!!

- Linz
poisongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 10:45am
I used Nature's cure and I was happy with the results,it didn't make my acne go away but at least it prevented new ones from forming.But I took them twice a day..I also tried musafeen tablets,which are expensive(60$) and again it did not work miracles but in my opinion prevented it from going worse. After I read the post made by Jeffman i decided to take some multivitamins and that is what helped me the most.Try and track down that post(i think the title is I have found a cure to acne) and if you decide to try it be careful with consumption of vitamin A and others that are not water-soluble.Good luck!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 2:38am
I have never had very bad skin.But during my teen years my skin was very oily and I had breakouts here and there.Nothing seemed to work even though my skin wasnt really that bad.But I figured it out.I quit using any kind of cleanser.I would take a hot cloth(water only) and gently wash in circles to get off all the dead skin and to open up the pores to get out all the dirt and bacteria effectively.Then i would put on lotion.The lotion went on cool to lock in the moisture my skin was overcompensating for and to close pores back up to keep out dirt.Plus makeup goes on way better this way.I'm not saying this will necessarily work for you.But sometimes your skin needs a more natural aproach.i still use this method and my skin is flawless.I use nuetrogena visibly even moisturizer with spf15.Protecting your skin is very important too.
linz_legrand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linz_legrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 12:42am
Thanx for the suggestions!

I don't think that not using cleanser is an option for me because my acne has a tendency to blow up if I skip a night.  And $60 isn't really in my price range for a pill.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks a ton!
- Linz
poisongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 10:25am
Oh,yeah,and I also use neutrogena daily blackhead eliminating scrub,I couldn't live without it!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 11:22am
I'm telling you.Maybe your skin is irritated.Alot of people have really sensitive skin.And even though the cleansers say extra gentle.They are still too harsh for these skin types.I know.Ask your friends who have really good skin.I bet they do very little if anything to their skin right? Cleansing with those harsh products can really dry you out which is bad cause your skin is already overcompensating for not having enough moisture.I know your afraid of flareups.I understand.It can be embarrassing..But please at least try my method or something with my tips in mind next time you wont be going out for awhile.You might be pleasantly suprised.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic