Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Hairy Adventures of Katja

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2007 at 11:40pm
Just popping in to say that my hair is about 27.25" now.  It's a little less than my end-of-summer goal, but still good.  However, it means my hair grew an inch in two months, which of course is the average, but it usually grows much faster than that (about 3/4 of an inch per month), so I'm going to start taking vitamins again and see what happens.  I'm hoping to reach 30 inches by New Year's, but that will depend on whether or not I have to get a trim.  So far, though, my split ends are manageable with the search & destroy method. 

I'll post a new progress pic in a month or so.
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2007 at 8:10pm
Well, my hair made it to 27.5 inches, which is not a terrific amount of growth for one month but is still better than no growth at all.  However, the ends aren't doing too well.  They're dry, split, tangly and thin from being dyed twice in Septemer (which I knew was a bad idea, but still insisted on doing).  I'll be getting a trim this week hopefully, but I have a feeling this problem won't be solved by just cutting an inch off, especially since search & destroy hasn't helped. 

Therefore, I'm starting to seriously consider just cutting all of it and starting over, yet again.  Because I hate being stuck in the twenty-something-inches length range, and cutting, say, 3 inches off would put me right back there. 

So if I have to cut off more than an inch, I might as well just cut it all.  I've been thinking about short hair for a while now, but I'm really nervous about how it would look on me, as I haven't had super-short hair since I was about twelve.  Plus I have this fear that once I cut it, it will be gone forever and I'll never be able to grow it again, which is illogical but scary nonetheless. 

I don't know... I always have hair moodswings like this.  I'll have to see what my hairdresser friend thinks.  I really love long hair, but I have to wonder if mine is worth keeping with all this damage.  I wish I had never dyed it back in September- I did so well all summer with NOT doing harmful things to my hair!  But like, I'm still young, so there's plenty of time for me to experiment with shorter styles and THEN go back to growing it long when I'm ready to settle down, so to speak.  But then I might feel like a cop-out by ONCE AGAIN cutting off all my hair just when it's getting extra long.  And there's still the question of whether or not I'll even look good with short hair, and if I cut it and it doesn't look good then I'll have to wait months or even years for it to grow!

Who knows.  I could go on like this forever and still not come up with a decision.  The only thing that matters is what kind of mood I'm in the day I have my hairdresser friend over. 

I'll keep you all posted.
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic