Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

***Favorite brand of hair***

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kelliegirl66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelliegirl66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ***Favorite brand of hair***
    Posted: May 24 2005 at 6:44pm

What is your favorite brand of hair to use with Shrinkies or Extendtubes/microlinks? 

Kelly

Kelly
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:55pm

so far i like either hairlocs hair or extensions plus hair.

i have tried- doc locks, to tangley and not great quality

quality products- too tangley and thick glue tips

hairpiece hair- thinner then my two favorite

hairpiece wefts- bohyme- holds up really well, have it in my hair for 4 mths now

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 9:43pm
PlastikHaar's my favorite. :)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Jenny_RR Jenny_RR wrote:

PlastikHaar's my favorite. :)

Mine, too.
delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 10:03pm
Another vote for PlastikHarr here.
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 10:41pm
 I want my Plastikhaar
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 2:26am
Plastikhaar

Plastikhaar's Kanekalon Silky Monofibre gets my vote for best synthetic I've worn.

Best human hair I've ever worn was what I got for my Hairlocs install. They would not disclose what it was but would only say it was remy cuticle. After some investigation and MUCH hair buying, I think I have found the source.

I only have two recommends with human hair anymore because of so many differences from batch to batch. It's always BUYER BEWARE with human hair, imo.

In no particular order...

Extensions Plus Softwear

#1: Extensions Plus Softwear. Order curl patterns 2" longer than what you plan to wear. EP pulls the strands for measuring and the longest the hair can pull, that's the advertised length. On the weft, it's about 2 oz for $100. I personally would only order wefts and make my own tips and would not order EZ Plugs because I consider the strands too thin. You get 25 pieces for about $45 at a weight of .5 oz. Premade strands, however, are a great convenience.

Cinderella Bodywave

#2: Cinderella bodywave via afrocare.com. You get 25 pieces for $75 at a weight of 1.0 oz. I believe they call it Cinderella only because it has fusion bonds on the end and not because this is the hair Cinderella extensionists use. I have felt both and the texture is different. Here is a photo of the Cinderella I have:

[A bigger photo is here]

*This is the hair new when you receive it. This is exactly what the hair looked like months later when I removed it except for that wavy flip on the end was relaxed. It remained this smooth and shiny.*

Afrocare's Cinderella bodywave is on par with my Hairlocs hair. Matter of fact, I am almost certain they are the same hair as my Hairlocs matches the Cinderella perfectly. Even the color ring is a solid match. Here's a photo of my Hairlocs hair. The top two colors are new strands I have never worn and the bottom darker hair is after over half a year of wear and still scrumptious, soft and smooth. That is its natural body wave.

Now, with afrocare's Cinderalla, I did a trial run of it and wore it for many months. Because of my own hair growth and the bond being so far down, I had to remove it but the hair was in tremendous condition. Even installed, I could always pick these strands out because they were softer and laid smoother. I feel this hair is another one that can go 6 months or perhaps a full year or more.

The glue bond is a breeze to deal with. I personally snip the top off leaving just enough to keep all the hair secured inside, tap it with a fusion wand and roll up the top to make a great stick tip. A drop of nail glue over the top keeps the fusion glue from transferring to your hair when it gets installed under a shrinkie. Works great for microrings, too and the hair is already sectioned and tipped most of the way for you.

There's my hair recommends.

Edited by amm
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 3:34am
Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

The glue bond is a breeze to deal with. I personally snip the top off
leaving just enough to keep all the hair secured inside, tap it with a
fusion wand and roll up the top to make a great stick tip. A drop of
nail glue over the top keeps the fusion glue from transferring to your
hair when it gets installed under a shrinkie.

I'm quoting myself but I just remembered this is something I had
wanted to touch on before.

I would never recommend installing a shrinkie over a fusion bond.
First of all, there's absolutely no point in doing so and it's a waste of
money and time.

Second, a shrinkie is taken off with a fusion wand and the small
amount of residue is cleaned up with veg oil or orange oil/remover.

Fusion bonds do not clean up the same way. If you put a shrinkie
over a fusion bond, the fusion will melt to the inside (and possibly
around the sides of the shrinkie) and you'll never be able to slide the
shrinkie off if its covered in fusion glue. You'll have to remove the
shrinkie the same way you would have to remove Great Lengths or
any other fusion method - with acetone and/or by cracking it with
pliers, etc.

OK. Got that off my chest.
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 6:17am
Thanks Amm,  I was kind of wondering about that as regards Hisandher.com, I-hair.  So, just to be clear, you've tried melting and reforming the tip then covering with nail glue and the tip won't melt into the hair under the shrinkie?  THanks for the clarification!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelliegirl66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 10:19am

Thanks for the advice!!  I hate to sound like an idiot but I am new to this other then extensions weaved into my hair on two occassions.  Way too much itching and discomfort.  That is why I am thrilled to find out about the Microlinks and Shrinkies!!!!!!!

AMM you are awesome and I have a couple more questions that I hope you will answer (or Anyone else for that matter)

With the Plastikhaar, I have naturally curly hair that needs a flat iron or a curling iron, Is that safe to use with the PH?

How do I Pre Tip myself?  Is there a thread that gives instructions.  I would love to be able to afford the Pre Tipped but it is a little pricy at this time.

AMM did I read that you are not a licensed Cosmotologist?  Where did you get all this knowledge.  I am not a Cosmotologist but hope to go to school this year. 

Okay I guess that's all for now. 

Thanks

Kelly
kirstyx1888xmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstyx1888xmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 10:47am
wawa is my fave for the price the quality is great only thing is not much color choice
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 10:50am
I"m voting PH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelliegirl66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 4:39pm
I found some threads on the PreTipping!!  But I still need to know if it would be ok to use the PH with my curly hair, due to the need to straighten it.
Kelly
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 4:45pm
PH makes a curly texture that might work for you. I have a whole bunch I will never use if you'd like a sample. I don't know what color you use, but at least you could get an idea what the curl is like. PM me your address if you'd like it.
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 5:21pm

I to am woried about straightning out my own hair but I saw velvet curling irons and the say the velvet rollers are safe for PH so I thought I could run the iron over it to straighten.I wish they made a velvet flat iron!!!

I just used EP soft wear on two clients and it fel so nice the price isn't to bad either.

AMM amanda just had a bad experince with hair from afrocare( her gutted post today) is that a diferent type than what you used?

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 6:05pm

marie I HAVE seen velvet flocked flat irons!!! When I was looking for a velvet flocked curling iron all I could find was flatirons! Do an internet search, Im sure you will find some. If I find one of the websites I will post it for you!

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by marie87 marie87 wrote:

AMM amanda just had a bad experince with
hair from afrocare( her gutted post today) is that a diferent type than
what you used?

I had asked afrocare if the remi bodywave (Bohyme) was different
than the Cinderella about 6 months or so ago. I was curious because
they both were the same length and had am almost identical "S"
wave in the photo. They told me they were two different types of
hair.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 7:00pm

Thanks Amm it's good to have options! And Sherrie that's the best new's I have a lot more hope for my PH install. You guys are full of info on how to curl the stuff so I know I wont have a problem there but I wasen't sure how to deal with making mine straight.

Thank's

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 7:31pm

here is an ebay seller that has the velvet flat iron

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7 8077&item=5584272607&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

and here is one at conair's website

http://www.conair.com/conair/products/detail.jsp?product=31

Edited by sherrie215
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic