Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About sally’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About sally’s
    Posted: May 26 2005 at 12:04am

I just found this when I was looking about sally's professional products.I'm just curious what you other do-it yourselfers and even pros think 

http://www.behindthechairs.com/discus/messages/415/630.html? 1108093296

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 12:33am

Man, that's one long-running argument. . .

Really, I think the hatred professionals seem to feel towards DIYers is funny.  I've heard just as many horror stories from people who went to salons and their hair got messed up, as from people who have messed up their own.  Going to a salon doesn't guarantee perfect hair any more than DIYing guarantees a disaster.

More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 1:22am
I know I feel exactly the same.It was surprising to see how many pro's were more concerned with losing money to sally's than letting their customers do what works best for them.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 7:31am
I have to agree, that hatred is impressive! 

Every time I shopped at Sally, they always asked me if I had a card, and I even asked what it was the first time, but I never had a cashier offer me one.  Maybe the cashier that did so was new or something.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Wild-Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 2:05pm

i m really shocked by those stylists means we understand as customers that they have obligations and that's why the price be more than if we done it at home but still 80% of the stylists make about 50% profit from the customers

and still a stylist can mess up i have enough horror stories from stylists more than i have from my own means it all falls on the knowledge

i dont understand this really means if we dont have enough money for their mostly overpriced charges we shouldnt do our own  hair and hair coloring or cutting should be restricted only to who have enough money or who have a lience i see this so stupid really

if stylists became so greedy then **** it i m gonna do my own hair even that i have the money to do it at the salon but i hate my money going to this type

please no offence for all stylists, i m a regular at my local salon and even sometimes i work part time there even if i dont have the degree yet i understand that all ppl aint bad there's always the good and the bad but i m really mad about what i read ..,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 6:54pm
there were a few stylists who seemed like they werent solely concerned about the money.But its overwhelming how many of them were.Like the one who was mad cause her client bought the chi for $100 less than what her salon sold it for.Anyone wold have bought the cheaper one.Sometimes I wonder if my ex-stylist was going home and being like I just tricked another one I guess I can go buy those Jimmy choo's soon(designer shoes).
Wild-Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 6:59pm

hehehehe yeah i guess some of them r like that

anyway i guess hairstyling as any biz depend on the demand and the offer and the customer have the total right to refuse the offer and i guess the stylists who think that way must make another offer or they will be out of the trade

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic