Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About this horrendous hair... (pic)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amphray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amphray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About this horrendous hair... (pic)
    Posted: June 05 2005 at 1:45am
What can I do about it? It's not dyed or permed, it's naturally terrible. Anyway, I appreciate the input. Thanks in advance.

pic
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 2:00am

Noooo! It's not "naturally terrible" by any means  Natural is never equal to terrible. Your hair just looks very very coarse, which makes it not "lie down". Are you mixed-race Asian? All I can really suggest (that is damage-free) is wet-combing. Wet combing is where you comb wet hair (obviously) every 5 minutes from damp until it's dry. It results in straighter hair on the second day and forward. Or you can use a boar bristle brush on the top layers. Boar bristle brushes (found at Walmart, Kmart, etc..) are used to "smooth" the hair. More information can be found here

HTH

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Amphray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amphray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 12:30pm
Thanks AnaisSatin for your help, I'll try that right away. BTW, I'm not a mixed-race Asian, although I know I'm some parts Dutch...Anyway, since my hair is coarse, should I try some silicone based conditioners also? Right now, I'm using VO5 and a few months have passed with no results. In your silicone FAQ, you said to try it for a week...so how many washes should that be? Everyday?

Again, thanks for answering my questions.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 12:59pm
Most of these products are designed to have short-term effects. You use it, and either it works or it doesn't.

VO5 makes a lot of products, some of which are ok, and some which definitely don't work for me.

Try Pantene after each wash for a week to see what happens. Your hair will probably be easier to comb out and a bit shinier. If you like the effect, you can keep using it.

All of these products are cheap enough that you can use them to try out without much financial investment.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic