Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Born Blonde Toner Shade Selections Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hrc59blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hrc59blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Born Blonde Toner Shade Selections Help!
    Posted: June 07 2005 at 7:54am

I have had very light neutral blonde hair for 4 years.  I use Mega Blondes High Lift Ivory Blonde color with 35 perioxide for my roots. 

Recently, I went to a salon and had "strawberry blonde" lowlights that turned out orange.  They lightened my hair again and put a neutral blonde toner on my hair.  I have been conditioning it like crazy. 

It still has a very banana yellow with very light orange streaks in it.  I would like to put Born Blonde Amonia/Perioxide Free Toner on it so I don't damage my hair any further.  The red/orange is slowly fading too so that's good! 

The salon offered to do medium/dark blonde lowlights for free if I want but I'm afraid that will damage me further? 

My question is, I looked online and found the color swatches for the toner but it doesn't say if they are violet, neutral or golden based?  What shades have people used?  What shade would you say I need?  I am mostly bright yellow with white and light orangy streaks.  Help!  Will the toner deposit unevenly or ruin my hair even further?

Do you have access to Clairol Born Blonde Toners? They have blonde shades designed to be used on bleached hair. A shade like Born Blonde Winsome Wheat will impart a warm beige tone to yellow highlights. Precious Platinum will impart a silvery tone. Your clients can then maintain their tone by washing their hair with a purple shampoo like Silver Brights, Clairol Shimmer Lights or Artec White Violet. They may have to come back to you occasionally for you to refresh their tone. This is done by using the same toner, but omitting the colour balance crystals that are used with the first application. Here is a link to information about Born Blonde Semi-Permanent Toners -- http://www.beansbeauty.com/search/index.php?control=simple&a mp;q=born+blonde+semi-permanent+toner&x=14&y=11

ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 6:54pm
Hello, I have used Blonde Toner from Loreal. It brought out the base color of my hair greatly and pretty much got rid of my highlights. However I don't know what it would do on your hair since my highlights were pretty old. It deposited evenly all over my hair and left it feeling silky soft. This is my experience hope it helps at all.
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic