Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

THE CO ROUTINE (Conditioner only)?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE CO ROUTINE (Conditioner only)?
    Posted: June 07 2005 at 8:01am
What do u think about this method? is it good to skip the shampoo? i have long,straight, colored hair..should I try it?

Edited by zasha
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 12:27pm
I've heard a lot about CO washes as well. Lots of women swear by it, I've tried it once or twice, but not often. I tend to do more shamppo washes. Do a search here on it and I'm sure you'll find lots of info!
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 6:36pm
I havent went cold turkey on shampoo.But i have using the condition shampoo(diluted) shampoo myself and my hair has felt wonderful from it.My hair gets oily really quick so I will gradually try to get rid of shampoo.
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 7:31pm

I actually just started this method today to see if my hair will react to it.  I have long fine hair that's a bit on the dry/frizzy side so I will keep you updated on if it works.  I think I'm just going to jump right into it and use CO only for a few weeks since I don't have much going on just in case it doesn't look good.

Traci

A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 2:25pm
ive been doing this for the past 4 months and i shampoo only when i have to clarify which is twice a month. the state of my hair has improv3ed. no wit just has to start growing
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 1:32am

If CO doesn't work, then C-COW-C has a better chance. Maybe try that as a backup if the other doesn't work  

Anais

edited for word choice

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 3:59pm

I've been trying the CO on my fine/normal hair for the past two weeks and I already see a difference.  It's amazing that your hair can stay clean without using a harsh shampoo.  I do find my hair to be a little flatter and gets oilier a bit quicker but the ends don't look as stringy and my entire head feels better and softer.  Going to clarify this weekend and do the entire process again.  Haven't noticed any flakes or things like that so maybe I'm getting lucky. I also switched my condtioner to a cone free one by Giovanni (AWESOME brand to try).  That's helped quite a bit as well.

Traci

quenquen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quenquen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 5:32pm

I love Co washes

Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 2:10pm

I've been noticing that my hair does feel greasy by the afternoon after I CO. I've only been doing it for a few weeks now so didn't know if this was normal in the beginning until your hair got used to the regime or if I should add a little shampoo to my morning shower.

Traci

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 2:27pm

I find that it helps to do an ACV rinse for every CO wash. That way it removes more grease without making your scalp overcompensate.

Or... you could take it slow and do the C-COW-C routine first (involves shampoo), then switch to CO.

my LJ, 40 inches long
zasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 4:58pm
Firist i´ve tried CO and than C-CoW-C, my hair looked nice and shiny but my head(scalp) started to itch me so much after second day, i couldn´t stand that and now i´m using WC routine again :(
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 9:17pm

Well I clarify at least once a week with a good shampoo but then I probably use CO 2-3x a week.  You think I'm just overdoing it that way?  I'm going to try the C-COW-C these next few weeks and see.  My hair is fine/normal and at BSL so I'm trying to improve the whole thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 5:27pm

Originally posted by zasha zasha wrote:

Firist i´ve tried CO and than C-CoW-C, my hair looked nice and shiny but my head(scalp) started to itch me so much after second day, i couldn´t stand that and now i´m using WC routine again :(

It really depends on the shampoo. If it's anything containing the word "lauryl" or "ammonium" near the beginning of the list, then chances are it may irritate the scalp or make the scalp produce more oil than usual. Or some people just need the extra exfoliation and degreasing that heavier shampoos provide, because they shed scalp-skin very quickly.

Just a disclaimer If all the alternative routes fail (namely ACV and horn comb exfoliation), quitting shampoo isn't right for every scalp.

Best of luck

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic