Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

long hair goals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
LongBraidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 10:51am

My short term hair growth goal is to my bra strap.

My next hair growth goal is to my waist.

My "coming into the home stretch" hair growth goal is to my butt.

and FINALLY my long term hair growth goal is to the back of my knees...just like DaveDecker. He is definantly an inspiration!!!!

chemicals and scissors are the enemy

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
crazylady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 11:39am
i would love to have long hair. as a kid, my grandmother always made me keep it short, and then i started messing around with haircolor, so even as an adult i cant seem to grow it. and i dont know how to give up my blow dryer, which i know kills your hair. i would love to have it down to my waist, or so. any idea how long it should take it i just trim the ends regularly?
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 12:38pm
I am currently at 21 inches.... My goal is to BSL.  I don't plan on going any further than that because my hair is very thin and fine.  It is so hard getting it to grow even now without looking stringy and so forth. 
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 12:41pm

Hi crazylady,

you CAN have long hair...you just have to want it bad enough!!!! You have to be committed and set a goal which you already have of waist length hair. Be a little more reasonable on yourself and perhaps try for bra length hair at first. You also have to make sacrifices. Why is a blow dryer so important to you? Hair usually grows about 1/2 an inch a month...that is 6 inches a year. Remember...each year adds up and before you know it your hair should reach your desired length.

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
crazylady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 1:24pm

hi longbraidz

thanks for the comments. i guess i am afraid of what i will look like if i stop blow drying. my hair is very disobedient, and likes to do different things all over. i wish it would just hang straighter. maybe its the layers, cuz they have to be blowdried.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 4:03pm
Thank you, Longbraidz! 

Welcome, crazylady!  What is your hair's texture?  Might it be "disobedient" because of summertime humidity?  And how long is your hair now?
crazylady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 4:14pm

hi dave

my hair is pretty short right now. its a layered cut, the tops about 5in, and the very bottom is around 3. i have reddish brown hair, slightly wavy, and very thick. i know the humidity makes it worse, but its dry from coloring. a few months ago i had it dyed to my natural color, so i wont have to maintain it. i just want it to grow long and healthy. i am just working on conditioning it alot until all the colored parts are trimmed off. BTW, your hair is GORGEOUS!

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 5:36pm
Thank you for your kind compliment, crazylady. 

Deep conditioning, and oil (jojoba is my favorite) might help your hair.  HTH!
crazylady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 5:50pm
thank you dave. i will look into getting jojoba right away

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongBraidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 6:14pm

Hi crazylady,

now that I know what hair type you have I can relate. I also have very thick and dry hair with layers growing out. As DaveDecker suggested the jojoba oil is great!!!! I NEVER blow dry my hair...EVER! I simply use either jojoba oil or Weleda rosemary hair oil. I usually apply it to my damp hair after I get out of the shower and believe it or not my hair lays almost straight and the oils makes it feel so soft.

crazylady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 10:47am
i looked for jojoba at the store last night...didn't find it. do i need to go to a special store? or online?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 1:40pm

You could try Mystify Your Senses or Emporium Naturals, or Mountain Rose Herbs . I've had good experiences with all of their customer service. Jojoba oil would be listed under "carrier oils", "base oils", or "fixed oils".

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
Tiramisu2c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiramisu2c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:41pm
1) Have you reached your goal length?
HaHa, I wish!  That would be some sort of miracle, wouldn't it?  LOL, I only started on my goal two days ago when I got my hair butchered .

2) If not, what is your goal length / are your goal lengths?  (In other words, do you have a short-term goal and a longer, long-term goal?)
My Short-term is Shoulder-Length while my Long-Term is BSL!  CAN'T WAIT! 

3) What is your present length?
Chin-Length  .  Haha, I'll make it...Thanks to all of you!  
Present Length: 

Edited by Tiramisu2c

"Long Hair Wishes and Frizz-Free Dreams!"
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 7:47pm
Tiramisu... hmm... I'm hungry for dessert now  
kimberlily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 4:34pm

I started off in the spring of 2002 with a short razored cut (thanks to the 3rd trimester pregnancy blahs - decided to chop off my 20" length hair in favour of a funky style that would be "easier" to manage with a baby... HAH!). Now it is about the same length, and I'm trying for 24". I have some layers to get rid of, and I'm growing out my bangs which now reach the end of my nose, so they drive me nuts. Not long enough to stay behind my ears, and always in my eyes. I need a trim badly though, so I'm thinking I may have to get about 1 or 1.5" cut off. It will help me with my goal of getting rid of the layers, at least

My problem right now is that I was colouring my hair, which of course, has made it dry. We also have hard water in the city we live in now (moved in Dec/04) so that isn't helping me any. I'm on the hunt for a really fabulous conditioner. I already use a shampoo with no sulfates, so what I really need is a conditioner. I do a homemade hot oil treatment which is a mixture of olive and macadamia oils and my hair is manageable for a couple of days after, but as soon as I wash it, it goes haywire again, since I haven't found a magic elixir yet.

Edited by kimberlily
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 6:56am
Hi Kimberlily, as far as your hard water, try either doing a final rinse with cool bottled water, or a very dilute vinegar rinse to help remove the mineral buildup.  (I say very dilute because even though hair can take not-so-dilute, I don't know what it will do to your dye...maybe someone else here has experience with vinegar on dyed hair).

Edited to say:  To give you an idea, I use 1Tbsp of vinegar in 1 cup of water, so even on undyed hair I dilute a lot. (some others dilute less)

Edited by Susan W
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 6:38pm
Hi crazylady, I'm CrazyGirl... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic