Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair too curly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Knazze22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knazze22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair too curly
    Posted: June 08 2005 at 5:03pm
My hair is too curly it curls even with the Murray's orange can
brian1127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 1:43am

dang ur hair is hella curly then have u tried dax?? that might do the job

BlackBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 5:33am
no dont use dax it will curl it up more....tell me what type of hair u got then i could help u. because my hair was curly then i fixed it
Knazze22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knazze22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 3:37pm
Very nappy and thick.
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 4:35pm

It take a long time to train curly thick hair, some would say it's very coarse.

I took a short cut and put a kit on to get the curls out (the ones I don't want). 

How to use a Kit to straighten for waves

I use S-curl but other kits are good. Sportin Waves makes a Kit too.

No I don't use it a lot but I use it when I need it. For the most part I use it to help relax my hair becuase it will curl up into naps once I let it grow out in about a month and half. I can brush my hair until the cows come home, it will still roll up because I have thin coarse hair.

1. Don't brush your hair or scratch your scalp  the night before if you plan on using a kit.

2. Put S curl relaxer on for only 1/2 or 1/4 of time listed in instructions. You can completely destroy you waves if you leave it on too long! What's to long it depends on your hair texure! 

Coarse hair - Longer time

Fine, thin, or straight - shorter time

3. Rinse hair relaxer out very good with warm or hot water. 

4. Rinse with a nuetralizing shampoo. It normally comes with the kit but you can also buy a nueralizer by itself. The nuetralizer keeps the kit from turning your hair a slight brownish redish color and it keeps it from straightening your too much. 

5. (Important) Apply a moisturizing conditioner to put the moister back in your hair so it will shine and be soft.  

6. While hair is still moist, brush it lightly, be carefull not to irratate your scalp after a kit has been applied.

7. Apply your favorite pomade, (I use Sportin Waves in gold can). What kind of pomade does not really matter because your hair is relaxed anyway.

8. Brush (softly!) for about 15 to 30 minutes.

7. Put on du rag, not a wave cap. Spray a little water on du rag to cool your scalp and to soften your hair. Always sleep in your durag.

Your hair will be relaxed for about a month or more depending on hair texture. Do not over relax your hair by leaving the kit on too long because you will look like "Jerome the Pimp" on the Martin Lawrence Show.

Edited by BIGGMike
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
Knazze22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knazze22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 4:40pm
Is there another way cuz I don't wanna use a kit.
STACKBUNDLES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STACKBUNDLES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 7:36pm
um, prolly not, alot of ppl kit for half the time jus to soften yo hair. if you dont want to its cool but the kit can knock off like 3 weeks of brushing
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 2:38pm
It's True
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic