Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

widow’s peak 4 me = baldness =(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: widow’s peak 4 me = baldness =(
    Posted: June 11 2005 at 2:27pm

I know this is probably a stupid question but is there any way to start or stimulate hair growth around the existing hairline?? I have a widow's peak and to the sides of the widow's peak are like bald spots because the hair doesnt start growing until where my ears are. I notice most people have hair lines that shape their face like an oval or a round face, but mine looks like a square with fat cheeks and a point pointing at my nose. Looking straight at me when I have my hair up, the only hair you can see is the top of the widow's peak, so I basically look bald on the sides. Is there any possible way that I can start hair growth there or is it not possible because hair hasnt grown there before? I know this is a hair loss forum and I havent lost any hair, but I was born w/ with these two bald spots (might b hereditary =( ) and I desperately want to get rid of them. Thanx 4 any help

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 2:46pm
I have a hairline just like you've described, too. No, there isn't any treatment you can use to "spot-grow" hair in places you weren't intended to have it. If you have money, you might want to visit a plastic surgeon who could do the type of hair transplant where they remove small pieces of skin from the back of your head and put them in front of your front hairline. Probably just a little bit would make a big difference.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
hiphen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hiphen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 12:19am

i have this exact problem and it really stresses me out. for some strange reason i was born with this hairline.

i've been afraid of blowing winds since i was 6 years old.

what have i done to deserve this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 7:46am
I have long hair and part it in the middle, which tends to cover my hairline.

Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 8:35am
what would be good way to cover up the "bald" spots when you wear your hair up? Ive tried a ponytail with a hairband but it doesnt stay in for a long time because it slides. any other ideas?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 9:24am
I have considered clip-on bangs and leaving out the front section, then arranging it to the back so it parts.

I usually just go natural, though.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic