Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Complaint About www.nailsnstuff.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Complaint About www.nailsnstuff.co.uk
    Posted: June 13 2005 at 11:47am

Hi Everyone

I have been invited by Karen Shelton the owner of this site to put right what has been going on at hair boutique.  I am the owner and sole administrator of Nails n Stuff and would like to make it clear to everyone that I do not in anyway support any inappropriate behaviour on my site.  I have set up my site to encourage and support people in the beauty and hair industries and personal issues between people on this board should not get in the way of enjoying my sites benefits.   My moderators have been an asset to my forum areas and I invite you to put personal issues behind you and concentrate on using our boards for what they are intended.  If you have issues with a posting in my site such as funny and eccentric Thon01’s postings you can always either laugh or start a thread of your own.  I do not know what went on with you all personally but all I can say is I have no involvement and neither does my site I own it and do not want it to have a bad reputation as it has always been developed for good intensions.  I have good positive editorial in many magazines and not everyone can be wrong.  My moderator has been a keen contributor to the hair forum having won a competition for a banner on my site and feel very unhappy that you should dismiss my site due to any personal disputes among members.

Regards

Emma (Admin)

Nails n Stuff

Emma (Admin)
www.nailnstuff.co.uk
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 12:11pm
ok, thanks for the 3 same posts.
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 1:09pm

I wonder if you would mind clarifying what exactly you mean by "put right what has gone on at Hairboutique"?  What do you think has gone on.  Many of our heads are spinning.

If you mean that we have honestly shared experiences in clear defiance of hairdressing companies and advertisers in order to pursue the highest quality diy extensions, then you are correct.

If you also mean that we have failed to roll over and take one in the hiney from a known huckster, you are also correct.

As for your poster Thon,  His or her humor is so thickly veiled, no one failing to suffer from deep paranoia would bother to take offense.  Sherrie is certainly bigger than that, as a reading of her generous posts would tell you.  I presume Thon's post was meant in jest.... had it been serious it would have been pathologically symptomatic.  It was not, however, about Hair Extensions, which is what this forum is about.

You can impress me, You can win me over.  Tell me something I don't already know about Hair Extensions.  I don't mean that self-righteously.  If I want guff I'll get it at home or at work.  It's just that I honestly find your post obtuse (at least) and vaguely insulting.  Guilt will not bring many to your forum.

I have been thinking lately, that I really really appreciate Hairboutique for hosting this forum.  We should all buy something online to show our appreciation for this great place.

Best Wishes.  Truly.

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 1:48pm

Hi Emma, welcome to the board!  I dont think anyone has anything bad to say about you or your website, its just the moderator of your hair board keeps coming onto this board and harrassing people and sending them nasty messages.  For me personaly, her being a moderator on your site stops me visiting as she has been a very nasty person even though it appears on your site quite the opposite.

At the moment, in your hair forum, every second post she talkes about is one of her products.

Sorry,

x

Edited by shel221
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 2:14pm
It's very unfortunate that our opinion of your board has been marred by Softgentlebreeze. Please rest assured that it's not you nor your board that we think poorly of. However, many of us have had such bad experiences with SGB that we will not interact with her in any way for fear of being harassed again. And we will especially not attempt to post on a board where she has a position of power; that would be pointless. It's a shame that your moderator's behavior outside of the board is keeping people away from it, but we'd be stupid to expect she'd behave any better just because she's on a different board.

-Rae
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 8:50pm
I want to apologize, Rae took the right tone.  I'm sorry I was wanky.  It's just that I got the freaky pm from zephyr too, and I thought that Emma's post meant to make us sound like we judged zephyr badly, which I don't think we did.  And for the record, I don't think Thon1 is funny... I thought that post was freaky, and I went to NailsNstuff to check out hair extensions, not whatever it is their moderators are dishing.  So anyway, Emma, sorry about your board.
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 9:01pm
Emma? Is that you? SGB? HD?
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 9:14pm

right - emma, i think you will find everyone here is incredibly helpful, sensible, and supportive.

i think the issue is not inappropriate behavior on your site. it seems that the issue is that someone using your board's link, acting as a spokesperson for your board as it were, came to this site and acted in a very inappropriate and unprofessional way. this person/people has/have done this before. the person who's name has recrudesced in many different forms basically harasses people, plain and simple - via PM's as well as the open forum. there have also been some very shady shady business things perpetrated by this person.

although i myself was not a recipient of a PM it is honestly a pain to have someone come on repeatedly to peddle, or to ask repeatedly for free samples, or to besmirch people's names, etc etc etc and not to contribute one iota. not once. i think her only contribution was offering up your site.....i think that if a moderator of yours does act in such an irresponsible, rude, and quite frankly bizarre manner - enough to get banned from the board - you should really look into that as opposed to taking a "i'm not sure what went on with you all" approach. and i think that alone quite frankly does reflect negatively on your board - i myself will never visit there knowing the shenanigans that happened here as a result of someone representing your board.

i would encourage you to do a little search of the posts your moderator has made here under various names if you are interested in undestanding why she/they were problematic. if then you choose to have this person represent your site i think it does reflect negatively on your board - in my humble opinion.

cheryl

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 10:40pm
Fair enough.

Considering the inordinate amount of harassment some have experienced from the person who runs CONNECT-2-HAIR (aka ebay id softgentlebreeze, aka Zephyr Beau-Bradley and several more identities), I think I'm a little leery of your character judgement, Emma. As Zephyr's handler, maybe you can put that thing on a leash or something?

If Zephyr and Thon want to stay over there and frolic with all the voices tiptoeing through their heads, more power to them.

There's a saying at my work -- the person out front represents the entire company.

Think about that.

Originally posted by Emma Emma wrote:

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Hi Everyone

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT face="Times New Roman"> <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>I have been invited by Karen Shelton the owner of this site to put right what has been going on at hair boutique.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I am the owner and sole administrator of Nails n Stuff and would like to make it clear to everyone that I do not in anyway support any inappropriate behaviour on my site.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I have set up my site to encourage and support people in the beauty and hair industries and personal issues between people on this board should not get in the way of enjoying my sites benefits.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">   </SPAN>My moderators have been an asset to my forum areas and I invite you to put personal issues behind you and concentrate on using our boards for what they are intended.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>If you have issues with a posting in my site such as funny and eccentric Thon01’s postings you can always either laugh or start a thread of your own.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I do not know what went on with you all personally but all I can say is I have no involvement and neither does my site I own it and do not want it to have a bad reputation as it has always been developed for good intensions.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I have good positive editorial in many magazines and not everyone can be wrong.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>My moderator has been a keen contributor to the hair forum having won a competition for a banner on my site and feel very unhappy that you should dismiss my site due to any personal disputes among members.

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT face="Times New Roman"> <o:p></o:p>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Regards

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Emma (Admin)

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Nails n Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic