Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RK Hair, Double drawn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Izabella120578 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izabella120578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RK Hair, Double drawn
    Posted: June 15 2005 at 3:35pm

Hello

I read so many good things about RK Hair, so I want to order in the next days for me and my 2 ladies.

Please correct me, if Im wrong: The double drawn hair is not remy hair, or? So it tangles and even cheap asian hair holds longer...(?)

Im really afraid to order bad hair.

I had bad experiences with non remy hair, it gets to quick frizzy...

And from other sellers I know, the double drawn hair is very expensive and many suppliers do not collect the double drawn hair with cuticle in one direction...

So it seems that the double drawn hair is not the same good quality as the remy single drawn..

I want to try double drawn, as the single drawn is sometimes so thin at the ends. Or do you have other experiences with RK Hair?

Wrote about 3 Mails to RK, but they never replied :-(

I hope you have good news for me, thank you!

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 4:47pm

Hi Izabella, check this link out http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31370& amp;PN=2  it has some information on the rk hair and pics of it before and after washed.

I haven't ordered any of the hair myself  but from what i can see it goes a bit puffy after washed and will need some taming. 

Double drawn hair is when their are no short ends through the hair.  Remi means the cuticles are running in the correct direction.  It is possible to have double drawn remi hair but it is more expensive than single drawn remi hair.

What hair are you using at the moment?

Izabella120578 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izabella120578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 5:34pm

I am using the normal single drawn indian hair. But it is very thin at the ends... And I only use remy hair.

But the indian hair which can be bought in Germany is also called remy, but tangles after a few washes..

I see, Amm wrote that she ordered remy double drawn. And yes, it looks really great...

Ok, I see I have to order soon

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 6:06pm

Have you tried bohyme hair as that's really good too and would give you a better effect than single drawn indian hair.  What texture is your hair?

Here's a pic of a client of mine, before and afters with bohyme hair... I had to alter the pixels of the before pic (on the right) to get it to load up hense the slight blurryness.

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 6:08pm
The only thing is that the bohyme hair may not last as long as the virgin indian hair you have in but it still looks good for at least 3 months with proper care.  Actually Amanda, on this board re-uses the bohyme and has good results with it.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 6:45pm
I am wearing the rk hair right now.I have washed it.it has a natural wave.But it isnt poofy.Amm said it gets poofy when blowdried.In my pic it looks big but that cause I have a whole lot of hair in.It is also double drawn.And it is holding up wonderfully.it does get a bit tangly in the wind.But its also 26".The hair is very reasonable.I paid $120 for eight ounces shipping included(shipping is $40).I paid that much for cheap Bss hair.I am very impressed with this hair.I'm actually thinking about buying more for future installs cause those prices could easily change.Bohyme is another good brand.Alot of people have had great results with it. 

Edited by Longhairdreams
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 7:09pm

Thats a great price.  Keep us updated on how you get on with it.

p.s. how many weeks to go?

xx

LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 10:05pm
did you actually put the whole 8 oz of hair in lhd? just curious? ;p
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 11:04pm

yep the whole 8.i left out one 2" peice cause it didnt get colored.It alot of hair.I wouldnt recommend this much unless your planning on using a whole bunch of clips.I used 25 clips total.But I'm glad I did cause the hair is very well weighted on my head.Last time I made clips I used 2 clips on long peices.And it got really uncomfortable .It was just too much strain on my hair.I knew this time around It was even more important to use as many clipsas possible so I dont hurt my hair.And give myself an uneccessary headache,lol.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic