Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please help, what have i done!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ickledee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickledee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help, what have i done!
    Posted: June 15 2005 at 4:06pm

Arrghhh! I have an appointment to get my first set of extensions on Sat. I noticed that my roots were starting to come in so i thought it best to get them done before application. My hair is medium brown with golden blonde highlights. I aksed the hairdresser to do my T-Bar and she has done far far too many highlights my parting is now a completely brassy shade of BRIGHT blonde!!! Bear is mind this is only my T-Bar which looks ridiculous next to the rest of my hair which is a completely different colour :( What should i do as i do not want my extensions matched to the yukky blonde colour and having just paid the hairdresser and having my extensions done on Sat i don't have any extra ££ to get it done again

Please help me, what should i do?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 4:24pm
Well you sound as though you need lowlights on the top . You could do this with semi permanent color. Don't use anything ash over blond!!!! You could take slices don't worry about weaving it that will make it easy for you . Get some foil  or just slice and put color on and lay the colored slices to the side. I do think frist You should go back to stylist and ask her to fix it it shouldent be a problem. Just be nice and explain that this is not what you ment.
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 4:33pm

ditto.  what marie said.  Explain to the hairdresser your not happy and im sure they will fix it for you.

Good luck

ickledee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickledee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 4:46pm

I would normally have gone back to the haidresser but it was a friend who is a hairdresser who did it as a favour and i really don't feel like i can ask her

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 4:55pm

ah, sticky situation! Here's what i think you could do;

1) Try the gentle approach with your friend and explain whats happened. 

2) Get your extensions done in the style you wanted and tell the extensionist the situation, then you can get your colour done later on. (not sure if this would work though)

3) Get your extensions matched to your current hair colour then later on get low lights through both your hair and the extensions (t-bar only).  Personally i find colouring extensions darker has better results than bleaching them lighter so you should be ok.

ickledee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickledee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 5:07pm

Thanks girls :)

I really need to do something, i am even considering getting a brown throughout my whole head!!..would this work??? Would i then be able to get the extensionist to add highlights withought the need for any more colour?? if so would this be natural looking??

ickledee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickledee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 5:08pm
Shel are you in Glasgow?
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 5:12pm

Hi yeah, im just outside Glasgow in a place called Bellshill.

Your extensionist would be able to give you highlights if you did do that but it wouldnt be quite the same effect, as extensions can only be placed so far up your hair so that they cant be seen.

xx

ickledee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickledee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 5:16pm

Haha, Shel i think it's you who is doing my hair Sat :) Haha small world!!!

Ok then i will need to try get it fixxed, s'pose the only saving grace is that it is only my T-Bar?! Man i really need to get this fixed it is sooo bad!

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 5:28pm

cool!  small world indeed.  I'll be able to do whichever you decide as ive lots of bohyme hair in stock.

Im going to post up some pictures of some of my clients that have been in the same situation as you but all choosen different options....2 secs

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 5:43pm

(above) is the before and as you can see, this girl had the same problem when she had her hightlights done (at another salon).  I decided to keep the top how it was as it was about an inch long and have a short, spiky look and just give her blonde highlights. (p.s. there are more highlight in her hair from what you can see)

This hair is cheap bss single drawn hair from American dream. The client paid £140 for a full head of this hair.

Yours would be different as your top layer is longer.  Let me know what you wanna do on Saturday.

xxx

ickledee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickledee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 2:06am

Thanks Shel,

I'm going to speak to the hairdresser but i reackon i might need to go all brown

jodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 2:30pm
Hi ickledee, why don't you tell your friend the hairdresser that your extension hair has been pre ordered and now it doesn't match. i'm sure she'll do all she can to fix the problem for you. ( had to do this myself once) little white lies don't harm
*jodie*
   X
ickledee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickledee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 3:17pm

Thanks girls x.

I went to get it fixed today, i went to a completely different salon was really scared to try a completely new hairdresser but felt i had nothing to loose..

Anyway my top layer is now a lot better as i had a brown weaved through and had it toned down a bit. As i said it is alot better but still alot lighter than the colour at the bottom of my hair!

What i am now wondering is can i have my extensions done to match the colour of the hair on the top layer all over or will i need to carry on the look i have just now with the lighter colour on top and darker at the bottom??? I would prefer it to be a an all over highlighted blend rather than have it gradually changing to dark at the bottom?! If that makes any sense whatsoever

Anyway i'm sure Shel will keep me right on Sat

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 3:28pm
You wouldn't want to have all-over highlights; people never naturally have highlights on the bottom of their hair (unless it's an undercolor), so it would look strange. You'd want to keep a lighter shade on top and a slightly darker one on the bottom.

-Rae
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 3:34pm

I agree with Rae, we need to make sure the extensons blend fully with your hair so that they are not obvious however don't worry i know what you mean by the 2 layer look i wont do that.  I will need to match your hair both underneath and on top however can blend your choosen colour through the middle for the overall effect. 

xxx

ickledee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickledee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 3:43pm

You girls are the experts  x.

I'm just being paranoid because my hair went so wrong, i'm sure you'll do a lovely job shel :)

I just had images of the extensions being the same colour as the dark stuff then this lighter T-Bar of hair sitting way up on top all on its own, i'm just a little nervous and the bad thoughts are taking over x.

Wjy can't i ever just leave things alone?!..I never learn

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 2:04am

Hey guys,

What's a T-bar?

Do you mean the crown  and  bang section of the hair?

Where's that English to American dictionary when you need one!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic