Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

slightly OT? Hair styling, how much time?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: slightly OT? Hair styling, how much time?
    Posted: June 15 2005 at 5:36pm
Especially those of you wearng a full head of HH extensions, how much time do you spend each day on your hair?  Washing, drying, straightening, curling, clipping, spraying, and anything else.

I'll go first.

Right now I'm wearing 14" Wawa with some PH streaks.  I cut about 2 inches off the other day cause it was getting too difficult to blow out.  So I think it is truly 14" now since it runs a little long.

okay I wash every other day if I'm working out 10 minutes to wash?  less when I'm being lazy and less sweaty.

10 minutes every other day blowing out the ends (was way less in the beginning of the install).

10 minutes with a blow dryer and paddle brush on my hair to make it stick straight like the wawa.

10 minutes more ont he days I do something other than leave it down.

all in all not a lot of work.  I'd be willing to spend more time but I don't have anything more interesting or time consuming to do with it.

:)al

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 6:01pm
Full head of synth (mixed Dome, Trimco, Connect-2-Hair, and ProStyles), between 15-24 inches long.

Some days: no time at all (bun, let curls cascade out of the top)

Most of the time: 5-10 minutes spraying and brushing out

Once a week: washing in the shower, air-drying (I work out most days, but only my hairline and nape really sweat and I have like 2" of hair there)

Once every two weeks or so: blowing out the ends so they're straight. I spent about 45 minutes putting it all in hot rollers a week and a half ago; I may re-do that after I blow out, depending on how much the curl drops out when it hits the hot air.

-Rae
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 8:20pm

I have full head of bohyme FR . I dry my bangs and let the rest air dry. I wash it every other day but not on week end's. I braid it at night and the curl is great in the morning!

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 12:17am

i have 3 hh wefts, and about 40 individual strands HH

i shampoo every other day or every third day

about 10 mins in shower

15 mins to dry completley

10 mins to either flat iron, or curl with big barrel curling iron

tease a bit, spray and go

on day i dont wash, i curl again and tease and spray

sometimes i just wash the top which is all my own hair and curl the ends( extensions) after i dry the top

on days i dont want to wash i put on a cute hat, dress up for work and i am out the door!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 7:22am

At present:

The top of my head has a "hair system" which I also added shrinkies to. I have LG glued in wefts from ear to ear (total 3 glued wefts) I also glued in wefts for big bangs on one side. I have Sallys' sassy synthetic and Bohyme from Superhairfactory wefts mixed together which blend good. I wash my whole head in the shower every third day. Then blow dry and use iron to straighten, also I just tried Proclaim leave in conditioner which makes my hair real soft. The days I work and don't wash hair, I put my hair up with clips and straighten my long swept over one side bangs with curling iron and a little spray. The days I don't work and wash my hair, I use curling iron to give it a finished look and throw some product in. (Material,etc.) Some days I throw a couple extra shrinkies in or even glue in a weft or two for volume. I should spend so much time at the gym! 

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 3:42pm

ok i feel weird :/

It takes me about 2 hours to dry my human hair extensions and then 1 hour to iron them :O

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 3:59pm
Stop feeling weird Kate.

This is the info I want.

I have 8 oz of Fina hair arriving tomorrow.  I know I won't be wearing it for a while but I need to know what exactly I'm getting myself into.

straighteining iron or curling iron?  How long?  see this is all very different

Also i let my hair air dry and then rewet just the part that is on top and grows out of my head to straighten it.  The couple of times I have tried to blowdry straight out of the showere it took boatlods longer than 10 minutes...
ickledee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickledee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 4:31pm
Gosh i am not getting my first install until Sat and my natural hair is so thick that it takes me 45mins blow drying and 45mins to straighten, it is only to my shoulders!!! It is such a nightmare, i cannot even tie my hair up without straightening as it is just to big  Oaft what is it going to be like with extensions?
delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 8:26pm

I wear PH that's app 14".  Every other day wash the whole head, off days just around my hairline.  On full wash days, I blow-dry until nearly damp, then put in velcro rollers and sit under a dryer...20 minutes from start to finish...I have practically no hair of my own, and   the synthetic drys quickly.  I'm with rae...some days just pull it up and do nothing. 

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 12:06pm
Bump

please help?
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 1:18pm
Ok so I'm obviously only wearing clip ins right now.But I can tell you it took hours and hours for my hair to dry.And thats laid out off my head.I knew it would poof if blowdried.And I cut and styled it finally.I put curls a few inches up each peice.I didnt figure it could take long..It took an hour.I'm glad its not attached permanently as it would have taken all day to be able to wear out after washing.If I dont wash and style just put it in it takes 5 min. to attach.And another 5 min to brush and style.If I go more permanent I wont go nearly this long.24"
Playful_Tigger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Playful_Tigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 8:27pm

Hmm well I am in trouble then the style I do with my hair all loose ringlets takes 2 hours start to finish. My hair is already bra length and I just got 26". And you guys are saying no blow drying.. Argh

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 9:44am

Originally posted by mochachip mochachip wrote:

Stop feeling weird Kate.

This is the info I want.

I have 8 oz of Fina hair arriving tomorrow.  I know I won't be wearing it for a while but I need to know what exactly I'm getting myself into.

straighteining iron or curling iron?  How long?  see this is all very different

Also i let my hair air dry and then rewet just the part that is on top and grows out of my head to straighten it.  The couple of times I have tried to blowdry straight out of the showere it took boatlods longer than 10 minutes...

mochachip, the hair's about 22'' and i was ironing it with ceramic irons.  In all fairness my own hair does take about 30 minutes to dry though, but still, 2 hours!! I have to take small braks so my hairdryer doesn't overheat

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 11:10am
Does anyone partially dry their hair with a handheld dryer then set it and use a bonnet?  I know I feel like an old lady just suggesting it but it doesn't seem totally insane.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 6:05pm
Thats not a bad idea. I dont see why that wouldnt work.
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 7:04pm
My human hair does not take two hours to dry. The days that I do wash it, I'm not only air drying my hair naturally, but I'm throwing the ball to the dog, loading the dishwasher, back to the bathroom to dry my hair, get dressed, and while my hair is almost dry, I put the flat iron (ceramic) to my dried hair to give it a polished look. It isn't poofy or curly, it's real straight. About 1/2 hour total drying time and 1/2 hour flat iron total. That's on the wash days. The other days, just comb, flat iron to my bangs and ends, total 10-15 minutes! Peice of cake. Is the bonnet idea one from the south? Yankees don't wear bonnets or you might get shot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic