Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FREE SAMPLES and a NEW TUTORIAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

Ooh.I never even considered fusion after all I read about great lengths and stuff.I'm pretty cheap so the idea of being able to reuse the hair with fusion is brilliant.I cant wait to get my sample so I can try this out.The latex tip with the chip is sheer genius.

Isn't it?!
And there's nothing cheap about it, LHD. The way GL makes the customer replace the hair for each refit - which by ALL ACCOUNTS is still great hair in reusable condition - is just sheer waste for the sole purpose of shaking you down for another $800. So I'm with you on that. I think Fina is onto something big here.

And with Kristin's new and improved chips?! OMG I can't wait.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 6:37pm
So why latex then fusion glue?

why not LG then fusion?  or Aleenes? or something really water proof?  or or or?

I just associate latex with gumminess.

mmm so many experiemtns to be done...
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 6:40pm
You know, mocha, when I use latex to pretip, it dries well and is not really that gummy. I also cover the very well dried latex tip with nail glue so that probably helps.
I was gonna get into a discussion about using Aleene's but that would be OFFICIALLY jacking this thread so I won't.

Chips 'n tips.

Now it sounds like something that goes with margaritas...
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 7:09pm
Help me understand...

We're putting a fusion bond BACK into the hair as the sole method of attachment?
Angelfruit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelfruit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 3:39pm
ok ... I like the sound of these.

How do they cope with oil/conditoners etc..?

Can they slip?
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 9:50pm

Angelfruit:

I've had mine in for about 4 weeks now and they are still going strong. I even condition my hair as I would without extensions and use a little biosilk serum with no problems. I don't expect these babies to budge till I decide to take them out.

Would you like me to send you a free sample?

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 12:05pm
Hey Kristin!  Wow, your site keeps getting better and better!  I'm so happy for you!  I'll drop you an email for some samples   Thanks!
Angelfruit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelfruit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 4:27pm
Thanks Kristin ... but I Iive in the UK ... so the samples won't be free

I'm going to order some from your site today.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 6:30pm

The samples are free to anyone who wants to try them. I've sent off plenty of samples to the UK and Canada

Just send me your address to Kristin@HairCandy.net and they'll be on their way.

-Kristin 

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 6:51pm
I just went ahead and placed an order the other day with a few other items. I can't wait to try them. They look great!
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 11:28am
Received my chips and practiced a few on my Barbie doll head. I first tried one on my head but screwed it up. It came out with such ease! I do have a question Kristen. Are we to just put the chip on one side of the wand? We don't clamp down on the chip with both sides of the wand? I like the method, but I need a class! Each one that I try seems to come out better than the last, so I'm going to keep plugging away at it! They roll great too!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 3:20pm

That's great to hear elvira! It took me a couple chip to get the hang of it too and then I got it down  

When I put the chip in the wand I let it melt, then tap the wand shut to get both sides coated with the adhesive and then I apply it. I'll add that to my tutorial.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

-Kristin

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 6:35pm

ah-ha! Kristin you always have such *practical* solutions to the little problems in life. . .

and by the way I'm going to try the chips you sent next week. . .can't wait!! THANKS!!

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 6:50pm
hi hun, i got the samples :D

the fusion chips.. they sell something very similar over here in england at hairdressers conventions ( im not talking about those balmain ones) but they are totally clear, i wonder if its the same company.. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic