Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where’s Jenny_RR?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where’s Jenny_RR?
    Posted: June 17 2005 at 3:02pm
Haven't heard from Jenny is a while! Wonder how she's doing with her stopping smoking thing.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 4:15pm
I've been wondering for a couple days where jenny and several of the regulars are.

Not as many comments as usual.

hope everyone is okay.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 4:26pm
Ive noticed too that alot of the girls havent been around. I know Jenny is spending alot of time doing research on cosmetic surgery and the rest....I have no idea!
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 4:30pm
I was also thinking this.  Hope they all come back and visit soon
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 4:47pm
I'm here. I'm in the middle of a 7-day juice fast and I'm furiously making soap for export.

Any UK people know of a chain called Poshlife?
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 5:40pm
I'm suprised how often some of you get to post to be honest.You seem to lead very busy lives.I had actually considered posting this same topic.This board isnt quite the same without its key members.Hope jennyrr comes back soon.I was starting to wonder if our main members had went on some kind of hiatus.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 11:19pm
Hey girls,

I'm back! (I never stray too far.) As Sherrie mentioned, I've been researching other "enhancements," which is proving to be more work that I'd anticipated. Also, my haar's been working out quite well lately, so I won't be making any big changes, at least in the near term. Even the pinks and blues I wanted to install may have to wait, since I think I'm going to be looking for a new job in about a month or so. I hate job-hunting--especially when it interferes with my haar plans.

On the quitting smoking front, I crashed and burned. I got incredibly sick (like the worst flu of my life) less than 24 hours into quitting--not sure if it was nicotine overdose from the patch or something else (though I think the symptoms were way too severe for simple nicotine withdrawl)--but I was so sick that I was like, "This isn't working; I need a cigarette." It was a major disappointment. So now, I'm regrouping and planning to give it another go, this time without the patch, and wein myself down over the course of a month to a few cigarettes a day, then try again....

BTW, I'm the laziest person in the world with my hair now. I hardly ever wash it, and I haven't blown it out yet or even used any rollers this time. Will post an update soon, though.

xoxoxox
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 11:20pm
AMM: How's the juice fast going? Is that the Master Cleanse or something else? (I've never fasted before.)

:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 11:31pm
Welcome back Jenny.I'm glad to hear your doing better after being sick. And good luck with quitting smoking.I was wondering about that juice fast myself.

Edited by Longhairdreams
AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 7:45am
none of this post sounds very healthy lol
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 10:40am
Huh?
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 10:49am
*waves excitedly* hi jenny!!
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 3:15pm
Bah, don't feel too bad, Jenny. Quitting is hard, and when you do it you really want it to be the only stressful thing in your life going on. I have a friend who tried to quit right after going through a breakup, and I was like, "What, are you stupid?" It would have done his health, both mental and physical, better to have taken the breakup and the quitting one at a time. So don't worry about it! Take time to get over the flu, get yourself in a good headspace and feeling well, and -then- tackle it again.

-Rae

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 3:34pm
I think zapevaj hit the nail on the head.
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 6:18am
Every time I quit I get sick!!! I think it's your system punishing you for making it go thrugh withdrawl. The same thing happens if I start working out I have heard this from others, someone said it's all the toxins leaving your body! Keep trying ,I am going to again soon because I can't stand all the dirty looks you get from people I wish I had goten them when I was 13 maybe I wouldn't have startedGlad your back girl! Good luck with the job search!
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 11:39am
Wellbutrin really helped me quit smoking.... Sadly I started again 4 monthes after I stopped taking it.  It's a really hard drug to kick.  I'm getting ready to quit again (for the umpteenth time).  I just hate myself for smoking!!!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 7:51pm
Thanks girls. Tomorrow I starting cutting down, and hopefully in a month, I'll be smoke-free. I appreciate all of your support and advice! 
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 10:38pm

Jenny, 

Feel better soon

norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 10:49am

Jenny-

Just remember, if you fall off the horse, the best thing to do is get right back up. I know that is an incredibly cheesy analogy, but you get my drift. Don't get discouraged if you have one relapse (or two) just stick with it, it will be totally worth it in the end. BTW, Congratulations on making the decision to quit!

2C-Fine-Normal, 23 inches wavy Base of ponytail circumference: 4 inches
Goal: BSL, Approximately 2 to 3 inches from current length
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 12:01pm
You can do it! I know you can!  I mean it seems as though i have.  4 weeks as of today.  And I smoked well, kinda a lot, and constantly at work.  And here I am happy at work and not itching for a smoke.  Which is weird now that I'm thinking about it. 

Anyhow my husband started cutting back lasts week as well.  But he didn't smoke nearly as much as I did.  But he's crabbier when he hasn't had one.  I wonder what all of that means.  he's down from 12 to 5 a day in just aweek and he didn't even tell me til he'd done it.  So it must not have been that bad since I didn't notice moodiness or eating habits changing or...  He's smoked for about half his life so.

Just think you won't have to febreeze your hair to get the smoke smell out.  and I know you like to minimise product use.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic