Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Home hair relaxing/straightening kits...?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zoeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home hair relaxing/straightening kits...?
    Posted: June 18 2005 at 8:51pm
Hi, I'm thinking about using a home relaxing kit on my hair. I straighten my hair a lot and its very fine, but wavy. I've noticed that most hair relaxing kits are for women of colour but are there any ones you would recommend to caucasian female with light brown hair?
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 9:59pm
A lot of people ruin their hair with straightening kits, even when they follow the directions exactly. The results are very unpredictable, especially on caucasian hair. If you decide you want to try this, whatever product you choose, be sure to do a strand test, regardless of what the package says to do.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 10:26pm

I would stay away from these kits.Alot of people have horrible results with home straighteners.I dont know any caucasians who havent ruined their hair with them.Even the ones that say there for fine thin hair.Most of all stay away from Easy Straight.I have seen firsthand how it can damage even the thickest healthiest hair.I wish they would just take that box of tears off the shelves.

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 3:42pm
Thio based relaxers are the ones recomended for caucasian hair or hair that is curly instead of napy or kinky. Rusk anticurl, Redken Vertical, X-tenso are the most popular ones. Rusk is probably the only one you can buy over the counter. You can also find it on ebay. It costs about $17 and it works great. However instructions must be folllowed to the T, and the product should never touch the scalp. If you can, just have it professionaly done. Make sure the stylists is an expert thought. Otherwise you might as well just do it yourself. And I agree, run far far away from easy straight, you might as well just put acid in your hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic