Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One length hair or layers on red hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ColorDiva928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorDiva928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One length hair or layers on red hair
    Posted: June 21 2005 at 4:08pm

Hello everyone!  I wanted to get your opinions as to whether you prefer the look of one length hair or layers on hair that has a vibrant color, particularly red hair.  My hair is colored a medium-red/auburn shade  (similar to Lindsay Lohan's color prior to going blonde). 

Many of my friends keep telling me that I should have my hair layered (long layers) with an angle in front, in order to have more of an actual style to my hair.  I, however, tend to prefer my hair the way it is now, which is almost all one lenth (BSL). 

Because my haircolor is a very rich, vibrant color, I don't feel that it requires any layering in order to add more "pizazz". 

What do you think??  Layers or one length? 

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 7:24am
Personally (just my opinion of course), I prefer all one length when hair is longer than a couple of inches past shoulders.  Layers on hair that long tends to just have a thinning effect (which is fine if you have super thick or curly hair, but if you like your hair the way it is, you may not like it). So, color aside, I'd think about it for a long time before deciding if you want to cut into hair that long (to make sure that its you who wants it, and not your friends, or an impulse decision).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 7:29am
I think i agree w/ u rather than ur friends, becuz i'm guessing u don't wanna take the attention away from ur red hair, and cutting it might distract it and they'll look at the cut too. Lol, sorry if this doesn't make any sense. It's up to u, but if u ask me, since ur so happy w/ the color rite and seemingly happy w/ the current cut i think u should leave it as it is.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic