Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When bleach goes wrong..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When bleach goes wrong..
    Posted: June 21 2005 at 5:37pm
This is Ronald McDonald checking in with a head fulla chemical burns/oozing pain.

What can I do besides let it scab up? Yesterday I coloured it 3x (2 semi perm, 1 perm) and 1x bleach.

Colored it with semi, got too dark, put permanent on it, way too dark. Like truckstop waitress meets kinda goth girl. Then bleached it. The pain was unreal but once you've given birth a coupla times and tattooed, pain becomes relative, no?

Bleached out to a lovely orange. Ok neon orange.

I should of stopped there.

But no.

I just HAD to put some color on it.

So its now Crayola Red and I have crunchy spots throughout my head with sores underneath.

I tipped all my hair, it came out a beautiful light and medium auburn. I was attempting to do the same to my head.

So, no extensions for the big concert on Friday.

Should I just leave it the hell alone?

f**kle.

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 5:39pm

leave it alone! you've given yourself chemical burns!! extensions may possibly pull your hair out!!

3x in 1 day?! you're meant to leav at least 5 days between i can almost feel your pain!

id suggest intense conditioners, for a long time, snd try to leave the dyes alone, or at least use vegi dyes!

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 5:45pm

Ok we'll start here...when did you take part in all this?

kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 5:50pm

is that directed at me? or roserose?

if roserose 'Yesterday I coloured it 3x'

if me, what do you mean?

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 6:02pm

Oh I see that know! I don't read much!

Rose...have you tried washing a few times in dish soap? Does your hair feel decent or straw like?

If you can knock down the intensity of that red you should be able to stain it with a demi/semi. Same level, this time use an 0 or N.

If you cant get the color knocked down with dishsoap you can, given that your hair isn't mush and your head has healed, do a bleach cap. Add soap to your bleach and massage into hair to get the color off the surface. Then stain.

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 6:08pm
You know maybe a Rush ordered PH elastica (those are the 3/4 wig ones right?) and a scarf are the way to go for a while?  Rest your head.  Wait til your scalp scabs over and then the scabs fall off before assaulting your poor head again?

Of course I've done similar.  Your hair will give up and fall out/break off if you keep up like this.  Some developer free color seems safe enough.  Heck veggie dye actually is conditioning.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 6:11pm
It feels pretty decent, I didnt condition it after I shampooed it to get the last color out.

The wounds are mostly covered in scabs, the hair closest to the wound is crunchy from the wound juice.

I have Redken's 'Butter Treatment', taking your suggestions, perhaps I should wash it with dishsoap a few times, then put the butter treatment on with heat?

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 6:26pm

oh gosh- girl {{{{{{(scoulding)}}}}}}}

DO NOT DO anything else chemical to your hair.

for your lovley scabs, try neosporin. otherwise take some tylenol and leave it alone. your lucky your hair didnt fall out.

geesh o pete!!!!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 6:33pm
I am not a hair stylist obviously. Just a person trying to get my hair a certain color.

Anyways. I will have a visual up soon because I found my camera cord.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 7:12pm
Actually, washing it in dish soap a few times will tone it down enough to put the extensions in. I am holding them up next to my head.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 7:14pm
Hoping there is not a next time..but if there is an old beauty school recipe is better than straight bleach. Shampoo cap-water scoop bleach and some shampoo. This is what I did to get the shades from my to dark install of synth of so I could then put in my lighter color. Your ends may tend to grab dark still because of damage so spray a leave on condtioner on frist to eaven it out- Aim lighter you can allways darken it. Stick to the semi permante from here on out.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 7:15pm
Looks like a match! That is some red hair!!!! Glad it all worked out...sigh of relief
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 7:22pm
Thanks for all the help!
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 7:27pm

Wow that really matches-

install your extensions, looks like a match to me!

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 7:51pm
I will give my head a rest tonight then scrub it with dishwater tomorrow to hopefully tone it down a bit. 
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 7:52pm
Rose... Oh hun, don't use dishwater! Go ahead, spring for the dishsoap!
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 8:12pm
Here is another photo of the strands. They look frizzy because I go through them over and over when I am tipping to get rid of any stray hairs. Its the french refined #27 Bohyme that I dyed.

RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 8:13pm
Haha, all those chemicals musta linked into my brain ;)
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 11:57pm

Bleach comes in 2 versions, one made to be used on the scalp and another to be used only off the scalp such as if foils.

Besides bleach causing chemical burrns, I have seen tint do that as well.  Some people are more sensitive than others.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic