Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to determine prelayering?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to determine prelayering?
    Posted: June 21 2005 at 10:31pm
question... how do you guys do your prelayering? do you do a few rows one length then the next 3 rows a little bit shorter? etc?
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 11:45pm
Exactly.

I start tipping the longest lengths I'll be using for installation first so I know where to gauge the remainder of the lengths. I do enough for several rows and then start shortening as I visualize how it will look moving up the head. I like the top layers short because it doesn't lay as heavy over the top of the longer lengths, giving a more fuller look.

I wrap up the hair until it's time to install and I keep it bundled according to length.

Like this --

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/amm94117/liisainstall hair1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/amm94117/liisainstall hair.jpg

PS - a good idea when storing hair is to wrap a paper towel or something around the hair and then band it. It keeps the hair from crimping or getting damaged by a band.

Edited by amm
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 6:45am
thanks amm : )
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic