Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

remmington wet 2 straight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: remmington wet 2 straight
    Posted: June 22 2005 at 4:34pm
just bought a remmington wet 2 straight iron. had to see what all of the hype was about. while i havent tried using it on wet hair, i have used it on a section of my dry hair. my first observation is that the plates are really ceramic plates, not just cheeply coated metal ones. and this iron is really user friendly. im gonna take a shower and wash my hair later tonight, so ill try it wet then. im kinda leary of using the iron on my wet hair, but if its too drying, ill just stick to using it on dry hair.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2005 at 5:37pm
Ah the much talked abt wet-to-straight iron. Also a cause of some controversy. Anyways tell us how it turns out!!
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 11:50am
I have that iron.  I found that it works better dry for me, I guess since my hair is really curly.  I really like it though.  It gets real hot so it makes my hair super straight.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 7:05pm
i finally got up the nerve to try it when my hair was wet. i didnt like the results. whil my hair looked smoothe and healthy, it definately did not feel that way. it flt rought an dry. i freaked, then immeadiatly wet it down and deep conditined. much better now. as plkahontas said, i think it works better dry.
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 11:07am
is that the one u can get at target and places like that? I was wondering if anyone used the Tourmaline wet-to-straight, its the one that's waay more expensive and only sold in Beauty supplies and the like.
tigerjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 9:17am
Yeah where can you buy a Remmington wet 2 straight?
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 11:14am
i bought mine from k-mart. but you can get them online at www.drugstore.com, and im sure they sell them other places as well. look around and see who has them

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 4:00pm
rite now i am happy w/ the HAI hehe, but i have thought abt it, i've seen it in walmart and target but that's cool that u got it @ Kmart it must have been much cheaper ..i'm interested in knowing pple's input w/ the tourmaline wet-to-dry iron...
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 4:20pm
me too. ive looked at those irons, and i can afford to get one. im just waiting for all of my over processed hair to grow out. btw Veronica, what color is that you are wearing in your avatar? its georgeous!
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 8:39am

Originally posted by tigerjr tigerjr wrote:

Yeah where can you buy a Remmington wet 2 straight?

Wal-Mart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 3:52pm
Hey Bryan, actually that's not my pic but a similar version of the color i have rite now  i'm bad at technical stuff like cropping digital pics so i put my cousin's pic instead, she is an actress so its easy to find pics of her on the net lol! I just go to daily celeb or somewhere. I wish i knew too! I'll thanx on her part tho lol!  But rite now my red is kinda faded *sigh*
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 7:06am
Wet2Straight are the best straighteners I've tried so far. When you straighten from wet it seems that there is less change of flicking up.
cherryblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherryblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2005 at 1:20pm
I bought the wet 2 straight last week to try it out.  I was disappointed. I am addicted to flat irons. I always use the TCP or my paul brown and they make my hair soooo straight and smooth. I used the wet 2 straight on wet hair and I tried it on slightly damp, and while it *did* straighten it, it didn't straighten it like my other irons do. It basically looked like I had blow dryed it straight, it didn't lay completely flat, it wasn't smooth, it wasn't sleek looking.  As I said, it looked like I had blow dryed it straight.  Anyway, I am glad I tried it, but I'm returning mine 
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 1:36am
yeah, i ended up not beaing that happy with mine either. i ended up going back to my helen of troy cereamic series.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 12:56am

Originally posted by Veronica F Veronica F wrote:

Hey Bryan, actually that's not my pic but a similar version of the color i have rite now  i'm bad at technical stuff like cropping digital pics so i put my cousin's pic instead, she is an actress so its easy to find pics of her on the net lol! I just go to daily celeb or somewhere. I wish i knew too! I'll thanx on her part tho lol!  But rite now my red is kinda faded *sigh*

Oh, I thought your avatar was Terri Hatcher from Desperate Housewives. Edited to add, I really like her hair texture.

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Originally posted by Veronica F Veronica F wrote:

Oh, I thought your avatar was Terri Hatcher from Desperate Housewives. Edited to add, I really like her hair texture.

LOL No her name is jenna mattison..yeah lately she's been keeping it wavy or making it curly.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic