Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sleeping on wet hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 1:54pm

Hi Layla,

First, please note that I am not picking on you, but rather I'm in a funny mood.

When I saw your signature, the first thing I read was

Goal: Armpit length 4"

I do realize this means your head hair, but I had to laugh as I've apparently not had enough sleep or exhibit a lack of vitamins.

Perhaps I sound a bit silly, but to look at my legs in the winter sometimes you'd think I had a goal for leg hair length.

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by ACCOLADY ACCOLADY wrote:

I guess that one of the few disadvantages would be one's cat having a hayday in your hair without even realizing it.

The other night our Tuxedo cat; Figaro, was laying on the bed just rousting about, having a good old time. As my hair was partially twisted and laying on the bed, I didn't notice what he was doing until I couldn't stand his activity any more. What a mess! LOL

Hi Layla,

First, please note that I am not picking on you, but rather I'm in a funny mood.

When I saw your signature, the first thing I read was

Goal: Armpit length 4"

I do realize this means your head hair, but I had to laugh as I've apparently not had enough sleep or exhibit a lack of vitamins.

Perhaps I sound a bit silly, but to look at my legs in the winter sometimes you'd think I had a goal for leg hair length.

Yes, I guess there can be a few disadvantages to having long hair...

And on what you noticed in Layla's signature.  I read it as 4" long armpit hair.  I'm guessing she really means head-hair-which-is-4-inches-past-armpits-long? 
Jade30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 12:15am

I remember growing up my grandmother would never let us sleep with wet hair. She always said sleep with wet hair = headaches the following morning. So my sisters and I have been trained never to sleep with wet hair. :)

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 7:07pm
I will occasionally sleep with wet hair and it has caused me no known problems.  YMMV
ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 8:46pm

LOL, Dave, I had to look that one up on Google.

YMMV

Your Mileage May Vary

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 6:30pm
Hi Accolady... I guess I'm showing my age.  I still (vaguely) remember TV ads for cars in which the announcer proudly stated their city/highway mileage, and always quickly followed up by saying "your mileage may vary."  (An infamous disclaimer to say that consumers shouldn't necessarily expect that their mileage won't be as high as advertised... for those who might not have known - there ya go).
akiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 7:13pm
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the responses. I've been pretty much sleeping on wet hair ever since I posted (my laziness knows no bounds; this is like a coup for me) and it's working out really well. My hair dries so much better and glossier that way. Go figure.

Also, just to throw this out there, flax seed oil is incredible. (thanks Anise!)
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 11:54pm

Oh isn't it?? I love flaxseed now. Best of all it goes wonderfully with macaroni tuna salad. ETA especially when people want to cut down on the mayonnaise. (to save the mayonnaise for deep conditioning??)

Thanks 

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic