Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Overnight Perm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jadjem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadjem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overnight Perm
    Posted: June 27 2005 at 8:28am

I used to live in LA where I got an overnight perm, which is basically the only kind that works with my hair.  I started getting it done in the nineties, and now no one seems to know what I am talking about here in West Virginia.  Please help!!!  If anyone knows how to do this or the formula used you would have my undying devotion.  The crux is I would go in on an afternoon, the hairdresser would roll my hair in perm rods, (I want to say grey) and then apply a solution.  I would sit under the dryer for about a half hour, she would them wet big towels with steaming water and wrap my head in them, thus pulling out the solution.  I would then go home with the rollers still in, and sleep on them overnight.  I would return the next day and sit under the dryer til they were sure my hair was completely dry IN THE ROLLERS.  Then she would take the rollers out and rinse my hair, and I was done.

PLEASE PLEASE if any one has any info.............

Thanks!!! 

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 9:29am
Any chance you could try to have your new hairdresser call your old hairdresser to talk about it?

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2005 at 1:23pm
Yeah ask the old hairstylists...wow it took 2 days to get it done!
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

sm83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sm83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 12:12pm
Was it an air perm?  It sounds like something I'm getting done in a couple of weeks.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 9:13pm
what the heck is an air perm?
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
sm83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sm83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2005 at 10:55am
It's an overnight perm.  It's more natural and it doesn't dry your hair as much. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic