Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

16 years old and losing hair after perm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
roberto16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roberto16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16 years old and losing hair after perm
    Posted: June 27 2005 at 11:45pm
Im 16 years old and i think im losing my hair.
A couple of months ago i permed my hair to make it curly and a couple of weeks ago i braided it. Even before my hair was braided i started losing my hair. What i mean by hair loss is that if i comb my hair usually like 5 strands would fall out. what can i do to stop this hair loss? I don't know if it matters but after my hair was permed i didn't shampoo my hair as often as i did in the past. any information is helpful. thanks
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:28am
It's normal to lose 25 to 100 strands a day. Once you started paying attention to your hair, you started noticing normal shedding. When you take down braids, you really start to notice all the normal shedding from hairs trapped in the braids.

Also, it seems that most normal shedding occurs in the shower. So the longer you wait between washing, the more hairs you see come out.

Unless you see bald spots, you should be ok.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 11:37pm

Originally posted by roberto16 roberto16 wrote:

What i mean by hair loss is that if i comb my hair usually like 5 strands would fall out. what can i do to stop this hair loss?

Roberto- that's normal.  The average head loses hairs daily.  Here read this.  It will clear up your worries:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/html/hair.cfm

-Charlene

Edited by CyberMane
Afro 69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afro 69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 12:27pm
so does perm make your hair fall out?
I want a afro!
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Afro 69 Afro 69 wrote:

so does perm make your hair fall out?

Not unless it actually burns your scalp. But it's not unknown for a bad perm to fry the hair so it breaks off.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic