Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about wavy WaWa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about wavy WaWa
    Posted: June 29 2005 at 1:31am
sherrie - I'm doing nothing at all. It's unreal. I'm just over the 2
month hump and I couldn't be happier with it. (I'll upload some pics
as soon as I can get on a PC). I had a change of plan and will do an
RK install with shrinkies but after that I'm planning to go right back to
Plastikhaar. Oh wait. I've got ProHair. Maybe I'll do that after. Maybe
with heatseals! LOL, so many great options here. :)

I've trimmed a bit off and am LOVING the length. I am between bra
strap and waist length and the hair just swings and moves and feels
so light.

My routine is so simple - I do a full wash at least 2 times a week and
up to 4 times now that it's getting hot and I'm more active outside. I
use hot water all the time. I'm not giving that up for anything! :) I do
have a huge water softener for the whole house and I think this is a
major plus for my hair. I've been in hotels and used regular water
and my hair never feels as soft and smooth as when I'm home. I use
Tigi Bedhead & Loma Peratin products with Feria conditioner and
that's it. No fabric rinse anymore and I sold the Dome Care because I
didn't need it. I let the PH air dry and then boink it up. I have "blown
out" the ends only once but I've never needed to.

I do little things to keep it going. Like, I never let it stay between me
and the car seat when I drive; I always bring it forward so there's no
rubbing. Same at work, I don't let it rub between my clothes and the
fabric chairs. I twist it tight when sleeping so no strays rub the pillow
and keep the hair covered in fabric when boinking. Never comb or
brush when wet. I don't put any heat to it. It's always tied back when
I'm in the wind. Stuff like that.

The best brush I have used for this hair (if I ever lose it, I will die) is
a little oval rubber base brush by Vidal Sassoon. It has little balled
tips on the end and it gets through all the thickness and doesn't tear
the strands up at all.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 11:44pm
Amm what are you doing regarding care and styling routine to keep your PH looking so good?
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 11:43pm

unfortunately thats what my daughters PH streaks look like after less than 2 weeks. We used the straight PH, about 50 streaks of schock pink. So it really stands out like a sore thumb. The ends are totally fried. About 2-3 inches up from the ends. They may even look worse than that picture of the wawa bodywave.

Im not sure where she went wrong. She has only blowdried 2 times and no other heat styling. The hair was fried before the 2nd blow dry. I will have to get these removed as soon as I can, and she is totally put off with PH now

I wonder if it had something to do with swimming in a chlorine pool. Last week she spent alot of time over 2 days swimming. Any ideas?

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 11:22pm

I was wearing the curly wawa clip ins, and it really does get very frizzy beyond repair within 1-2 weeks.  I will never wear wawa again.

The Plastik Haar is pretty good.  Some colors are better than others, but it's a  good product.

I am finding also, as stated by other ph wearers here, that is does seem to get softer over time and wear. 

CandiLocks27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandiLocks27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 4:41pm
YEEP!!!!!!  Ill just use it as clip ins then definantly. hopefully it wont ball up like that if i just do it clipped in. was that from washing it? I was deciding that anyway because shrinkies hurt my head when I sleep. I gots a sensitive scalp. thanks for your advice amm! :) (and the photo. good god.... )
Hugs!

Candi Locks!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:58am
I suggest making some clip ons first out of it before you spend all that time doing a strand by strand method. I'd hate to see you put all the effort into a shrinkie install only to find out the bottom half of this hair turns into an SOS pad within a week or so. I did an install on a friend with this and she didn't curl it or dry it with heat and it balled up on the ends. Truly horrid.

I adore PH and highly recommend it over WaWa. I had a good run with WaWa but if I had to choose only one, it'd be PH. I'm over 2 months with this install and it's still beautiful.
CandiLocks27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandiLocks27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 10:45am
Hey chicks, I was wondering if the wavy wawa should be ok if I pre bond them and put them in shrinkies. Also if I will be ok with using it but not putting any heat on it at all. Just my own hair. That is like the perfect texture for my hair. Will it drop wave if i wash it also? I remember you guys saying it was crap, but i dont intend on putting any heat on it. Should I do this, or do you recommend me just getting PH?

THX! :)
Hugs!

Candi Locks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic