Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone heard of Extendmagic?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 10:43pm
Okay, I can't speak for the ExtendMagic, but as far as the BraidMagic- that's the only braiding machine on the market thta I've seen that makes actual -braids-. The other ones- Conair, Igia, etc- make twist braids of various strands (i.e. 2-strand twists, 3-strand twists, 4-strands...not braids, mind you, but twists). You can tell them apart because the BraidMagic thingy has clamps that actually move independently, whereas the Quick Braider things just have prongs which rotate one way and then a head that revolves the opposite way- creating twists.

IMO, the BraidMagic thing looks awesome- I HATE doing full heads of braided extensions because it takes forever to do the lengths. I am doubtful that the thing will be capable of braiding in extension hair tightly enough- that requires really precise tension distribution between the strands and the Braid Magic machine probably has the same tension on all strands. So you'd start the braid, braid for a few inches, and then attach the BraidMagic and let it braid the lengths. That probably also means doing loose extensions with it will probably not be possible, since there's no "lengths" to braid. Of course, I plan on getting this BraidMagic thingie now, since I have regular braid clients, so I'll certainly try it. If anyone comes across vendor information for it, or knows where I can buy one, please let me know!

-Rae
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic