Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RK Hair colors?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RK Hair colors?
    Posted: June 29 2005 at 1:31pm

Forgive me for posting so many questions in the last few days. But Im trying to close in on my hair purchase and have so many questions!

I have read on some forums that RKHair colors aren't really the same as most other color charts.  I need a #4.  #6 is usually always way too light.  Does anyone know what a #4 looks like at RK hair and if its pretty close to what a #4 is here? 

Those who have used rkhair, would you say it would last a year if you wanted it to?  Thanks!

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 1:36pm
check the lengthy RK thread here.  On page five or six there is a pic of the #4.  Looks pretty light to me...
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 1:49pm
And I think longhairdreams has clip-ins in #4? Do a subject search for "RK", then look for a topic started by longhairdreams.

Oh, and about the lasting a year...I don't really know yet. Definitely three months, probably six months, and, um, beyond that I really don't know. I don't think I've ever used hair that was nice enoug to last a year, so I can't tell if RK is that nice or not. It's definitely the nicest I've ever used, with Bohyme a close second. (Way less 'spensive than Bohyme, though.)

-Rae

Edited by zapevaj
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 3:31pm
#4 on the left and #2 on right:

As far as hair lasting, the very first hair I ever had in 1990 was silky Indian hair and it lasted me for YEARS - 2 at least. The only reason I stopped wearing it was the wefts were shot.

I've got RK in right now and I'm treating it extra nicely. So far it's doing great - not tangly, no splits. It's only been a week, tho, but I've had other hair that was a rat's nest by this time. This seems like really nice hair and it's behaving as if it will last a long time, especially if I'm nice to it. Time will tell. I will say that it does not appear to have any kind of a coating on it because I've washed it 4 times and it's as silky and nice as it was out of the bag.

Edited by Syren123
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 3:47pm
Thanks Syren. I posted asking about RK #2, and u have answered my question! Based on your pix, I best stick w/ 1 and 1B's. lol. That #2 is very light and does resemble BSS #6 color. Wow! thanks again. I had 2 bundles of #2 in my shopping cart w/ RK. Better switch to 1B. Now just for verification... 1B is not quite as black/dark as #1 right?
K-B
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 3:54pm
Right. And you're welcome! RK's colors do run light, kinda like Bohyme. I don't mind cuz I just tone 'em to whatever I want anyway. RK's #2 is dead on to my natural hair, tho, but it's definitely light for a #2. You're better off with 1B for sure. You'll love this hair, Koffee.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 3:55pm

Oh cool. I think Im gonna get me some.  The colors are a bit different. That is the lightest #2 I have ever seen! It looks like a #6. I think Im a bit darker than than the #2, but I'm afraid to try much darker. It would probably be easier to darken up a 2 then lighten up a 1b, huh? 

Do you notice much fading in the colors?/  I know that with most #4 BSS hair I have worn...#4 starts out a nice rich dark brown then fades to a funky red.  Does this get even redder? 

I'm so glad I found this forum. I have learned more in the last few days then I have asking stylists and friends.

What kind of weft have you used?

Edited by cherrycoke
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 3:57pm
I think i'll love RK too! I might throw in a bundle of #2 w/ my order , because ur right, I can always tone it with color. Maybe I can use the #2 hair to blend for highlites tho. The #2 is a pretty color, but I'm in my black hair phase now. I used to wear #6, 8 or 10!
K-B
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 4:06pm
Syren, thanks for those pics

I know you and I wear pretty similar colors.  Do you think the #2 matches up well to PH mahaghoni/kokos?

Koffee, please post pics of the 1B when you get it. 

Right now I'm thinking about using the virgin indian hair I got from Fina on my next next install.  It's a really good match for me.  I wish I could try out virgin indian hair from RK, instead of having to get it processed to about back where it started I could enjoy the natural variations...

Yeah I'm a nut job.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 4:11pm
Really thin cornrows with one thickness of weft sewn on:

Pretipped strands are put in on the sides with shrinkies. I'm not quite done with that part yet cuz I'm doing a couple of different colors - RK#4 that I lightened then toned with different browns. It's gonna look so bitchen.

Nice bald spot. It's not from extensions so don't worry, in case anyone was getting skittish!

Edited by Syren123
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 4:15pm
Mocha, I think mahaghoni is redder than RK#2 and kokos is too dark. I can match up a PH color and post it later if you want. Gotta go to nephew's bowling birtday party right now.
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 4:46pm
ooooOOO cant wait for finished pics!
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 5:47pm
Hmmm maybe I should get some 1B and some 2.  I could add a little red/brown to the 2 for a match if I blend the two...

I can't believe I've nearly used up my stockpile of hair.  or at least nearly used up my stockpile of hair plans. 

Syren when you get a chance I'd appreciate a PH match on the RK#2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 6:26pm

what's PH stand for?  This po' little newbie doesnt know the lingo.

hehe

Edited by cherrycoke
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 7:40pm
Plastikhaar

It's a quite lovely and affordable monofiber
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 2:44pm
Mocha- sorry this took so long.
Yep - the RK #2 is a match to PH mahaghoni. It's not a dead-on match, but I think it's more due to the fiber difference btwn hh/PH rather than the color itself- does that make sense?

Hope that's what you wanted.

Edited by Syren123
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 2:59pm
Exactly what I needed to know.

Uggh, the thought of paying all that shipping for just a little bit of hair hurts.

Maybe I'll get a bunch of hair/colors and if people want it I'll sell it to them. 
Maybe that's a recipe for hair I can't use...
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 3:17pm
If you want to order, I'll order some more with you. I'm in a stockpiling mode.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 3:26pm
Ahh going in with another brunette.  Happy.

I haven't throughly researched the texture situation on the RK hair but I got the impression from somewhere in amm's post that the straight wasn't really straight at all after washing.  what texture have you gotten and how did it behave after washing?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic