Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tube X - DIY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tube X - DIY
    Posted: June 29 2005 at 9:40pm

To all the DIY's , here's something I found. https://www.hisandher.com/how_tube-x.asp

Broome- you might like this instead of the gun fusions.

Best of luck- Charlene

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 9:48pm

Tube-x looks like extendtubes and microlinks.But i'm confused about the heating it up part.Are the rings glue? and just put on like links to make it easier? looks pretty interesting thoug.

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 9:57pm

You got me...  Here is another link https://www.hisandher.com/faq_tubesys.asp

Looks less visible than the gun fusions that Broome wanted to try for his mom in this post http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32302& amp;PN=1

Hope this helps, Charlene

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 10:10pm

Wow they come up with new stuff everyday.seems pretty good to me.I'd try it out.But It took awhile to get the bit of shrinkie glue out of my hair.I think I'll stay away from fusion.

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 10:35pm

Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

But It took awhile to get the bit of shrinkie glue out of my hair.I think I'll stay away from fusion.

When there is residue left on my client's hair, I spray generous amount of the solvent.  And I let them sit under the dryer for 30 min.  and wash hair with clarifying shampoo.  It works!

Hope this helps; Charlene 

chunt1023 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunt1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by CyberMane CyberMane wrote:

When there is residue left on my client's hair, I spray generous amount of the solvent.  And I let them sit under the dryer for 30 min.  and wash hair with clarifying shampoo.  It works!

Hope this helps; Charlene 

solvent? is that bond disolver?

forgive me i'm slow!

Edited by chunt1023
broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:46pm
thanx for the link cybermane! i just emailed hisandher for the info.
and god said let there be hair extensions.
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:53pm

Originally posted by chunt1023 chunt1023 wrote:

solvent? is that bond disolver? forgive me i'm slow!

oh stop- you're not slow .  I use the Amber solvent I get from my hair replacement suppliers.  I'm sure any solvent would be doable.  I used it to remove a fusion glue by some stylist who cut the wefts, put glue on the seams and stick it to the client's hair.  The client and her aunt removed the extensions but residue still remained.  The solvent did the trick!

Broome- anytime - let us know how this works out for you!

Good Luck! -Charlene

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 12:09am
thanx cybermane!! ur so cool, and helpful. and btw ur site is awesome, and the work is great.
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 12:18am

Originally posted by broomeboy1023 broomeboy1023 wrote:

thanx cybermane!! ur so cool, and helpful. and btw ur site is awesome, and the work is great.

awww stop

Broome- You got a pic of your mom?  I'm so worried for you.  I just hope and pray that this is The method for her- especially cause you say she is thinning and past methods did not work.

I'm such a worrier.  I worry about my clients a lot- perhaps too much.  Maybe you can PM me or you can send me an email of her pic. Charlene@CyberMane.com

Oh, I better stop worrying, I want to sleep well tonight and it's 1:30am here

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 5:46am
I posted in the other thread but Ill reply here too. The tubex system from hisandher has been around for a little while. Some time ago there was some discussions about the method/product and the hair didnt recieve good reviews.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 6:07am
By the way the ringx system is just a microring with the hair attached to the ring and a little string is attached to pull your hair through. The tubex system is a shrinkie with hair attached.
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 8:06am
I am happy with the hair I received from HisandHer. I got one of those top skin/parts color 4/30 that I am wearing now on the top of my head. Never tried the tubes though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 11:38am

i will post before and after pics. she is not thinning, her natural hair is just fine. i dont know if i would  say her hair is even thin anymore, it used to be see through (overprocessed BLEACH) but she wore it about 2 1/2 inches long for about 6 months(it's now at her shoulders). it is very healty now. her hair is like in between, not super thick, but not super thin. you get the idea.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 11:41am

done worry anymore cyber. i promise i am not going to do any thing stupid! i will practice ALOT before glue even comes near her hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic