Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damn Hormones and weight gain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damn Hormones and weight gain
    Posted: July 03 2005 at 8:10am

I'm 41. I've been about the same weight for years, about 134. I'm 5'8". I exercise regularly, eat 4-5 meals a day. My period was two weeks late and ever since, I started to gain weight. Right now, it's about 5 lbs. I've increased the exercise, but the weight won't budge. Am I stuck with this now?

P.S. I've been to the doctor and it's nothing medical. Just stress and hormones.

fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 2:27am

Isn't it frustrating when you go to the doctors office about an issue and they tell you " it's nothing your just stressed", yet you leave with the same problem and no solution and your not suppose to stress. 

Your still pretty young Pizzy, to young for memopause, but all women are different so anything is possible. However, your symptoms sounds like perimenopause - which is the beginning symptons of hormonal changes through the end of menopause. T

There is a website www.womentowomen.com that has all sorts of information on this kind of stuff. From weight gain to irregular periods to mood swings and cravings  and other issues women deal with daily and as we get older. When you get to the homepage click on symptons and it'll take you to the links, just click on whatever information you want to read about. Hope this helps! 

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
Pizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 2:32pm
Great site, thank you very much!
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 9:50am

You're more than welcome, I was glad to share. I hoped that it provided some valuable information for you, that may have answered some of your questions and eased some of your concerns.

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic