Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hebal essence bleach blonde

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hebal essence bleach blonde
    Posted: July 03 2005 at 9:59am

Hi there - i had my hair highlighted in a salon about 3 months ago - my hair is naturally around a level 6 i think?; the undercolor is still a 6 but the sylist touched it up while my blonde highlights were brewing because i have a few greys (boo). the stylist did a super platinum highlight as well as some light blonde.

last month i touched up my crown with a dark blonde over the counter (preference) which went fine....now i'd like my crown blonder...like a level 10. the problem is that even on my virgin roots the lift with regular color was brassy. i know i need to bleach first..so really my longwinded question is can i use  a drugstore "bleach" like the herbal essence one first then follow with another permanent color ..... i did a strand test on my darkest parts with the herbal essences and it's orange city. better to bleach to a lighter color then color or tone...or just color from the orange?

thanks!

Edited by ccross6032
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 11:33am
Hello familiar hair!  =)

I think it might be easier to just get dye from the BSS.  Get a light ash blonde and 30 volume developer if the in-box 20 isn't working for you.  Of course, this would only work on the crown.  If you wanted to take that level 6 lighter, you would need to bleach and then use a toner.  But if you only want to do the crown, then it would probably be easiest to just use dye and 30 volume and get it all done in one step.  Definitely choose a color with a violet or blue-violet base, depending how brassy your hair is (blue=more ashy).

Good luck!
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 11:39am

hey leia! thanks girl...

i think i am going to just do the crown and keep my dark underlayer, so one step is certainly preferable to my weird multistep idea!

cheryl

AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 3:46pm
i used an herbal essences bleaching kit. it burned my scalp and turned
my hair orange. ouch ouch ouch. and i had naturally light hair too
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic