Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have my appt. with Rae!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sunlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have my appt. with Rae!!!
    Posted: July 04 2005 at 11:40am

And yes....I'm excited!!!  Drove all the way up to Chicago from Indy to meet with Rae.  I brought along some friends to the appt. that got a little nervous when we had to go through the Nocturnal Dominion (heavy metal store) to get to her though!  (Rae is connected to the store).  My friends tend to err on the conservative style while I am a bit of a free spirit. :)

Anyhoo....Rae was wonderful and very informative.  We are going with the microrings to create my new happiness.  Hopefully, with Rae's permission, I will give you some befores and afters!!

Thanks Rae!!!!

Never gesture emphatically with a taco in your hand.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 11:43am
Excellent!

Somehow after having seen many of her showoff's, I'm not surprised she's connected to a store called the Nocurnal Dominion. 

When are you actually having your install?  What kind of hair are you going with?
Sunlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 11:52am

I'm going in on July 23rd.  So excited!!!!  We are doing HH with microrings.  Everyone has to give me there good and bad stories with microrings now! :)

I thought the store was cool, but I can get into about anything.   Rae seems to be a very cool person.

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 11:54am
I only wish my salon was connected to a heavy metal store!  Besides hair, that's my other greatest passion!
Sunlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 11:58am

I'm going to ask Rae when I go up for my install if there are any good metal hang outs around the salon.  I may have to go out afterwards and show off my new cool hair!! :)

I used to be big into the music scene....but then I became 30 and married!

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 2:31pm
Heee. Yeah, actually metal isn't my favorite type of music but my co-worker in the salon (who is also the co-owner of the store) and her husband are BIG into the local metal scene, and great people to work with. I always get a little nervous bringing some of my clients, who are suburban soccer-moms, through the store, but sometimes they surprise me and end up buying a purse or something. :) It's funny.

And yep, we are doing a microring weave, and we'll totally post before and afters! I'll have my camera with me for the appointment. :)

-Rae
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 2:45pm
Oh, how cool!  Rae's work is great and untouchable!  I'm sure you'll love your new look, sunlove!
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 11:05am
Hooray, you got to meet Rae! I hope to stop in and atleast say Hi during our vacation this month. Rae rocks!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 12:37pm
An actual metal store! I wish there were one here.The best we've got is check out bands you like online and special order from karma.Another incentive to go there.How exciting sunlove.Rae's work is awsome.I cant wait to see the before and afters.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 11:09am
Well come up and see me sometime, LHD! You can pick up some new music and get hair on the same trip. :)

-Rae
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 12:43pm

lol:) I still got awhile before I'm able to make that trip.But I'm looking forward to it.

Sunlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 3:08pm

I forgot that you were in Indy too, LHD!  Yeah...we got a whole lotta nothing happening down here.  It is nice to have such a cool city not too far up north. 

Hey Rae....anything fun going on the weekend I'm coming up for my hair?  I might just have to stay and see some sights. :)

Two weeks and three days!!

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 3:49pm
Blues clubs. Do all blues clubs in Chicago. Is Kingston Mines still open?
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 10:58pm
Kingston Mines is very much still open, and if I recall there's another blues club right across the street from it.

There's a psychobilly (like punk-rockabilly type music) show happening on the Saturday that I'm seeing you; that's what I'll be going to! :) I bet there's a bunch of other shows, too- whatcha in the mood for?

-Rae
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 11:29am
Originally posted by zapevaj zapevaj wrote:

There's a psychobilly (like punk-rockabilly type music) show happening
on the Saturday that I'm seeing you; that's what I'll be going to! :)

It wouldn't be the Reverend Horton Heat, would it?
Just checking.
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 12:39am
Sadly, no; I love me some Reverend! It's some smaller, midwest-local bands; Three Blue Teardrops, Koffin Kats, the massacres, and some others.
Sunlove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunlove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 10:19pm
OH YEAH!!  Just a few more hours and I'm on my way to Chicago!!  I'll make sure there are pics to put up on Sunday or Monday.  I'm so excited!  My regular hairdresser is freaking out though....she is convinced that I'm going to kill my hair.  Oh well.   Bring on the long hair!!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 10:42pm
Bring it on, sister! And be sure to get some pix of our girl Rae.
Good luck!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic