Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Simply..How to get from brown to blonde??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scotsbornbred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotsbornbred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simply..How to get from brown to blonde??
    Posted: July 05 2005 at 12:23am
Everyone knows the feeling I'm about to describe: Walking around feeling disappointed because your hair looks awful and it didn't turn out right - you just don't feel good about yourself.  Well..thats me this late Monday night, having made a HUGE mistake.  To try and keep it brief I am 20, have had my hair highlighted about 3 times in my life, and earlier this year had an expensive ash blonde and bleach color highlight job come out fantastic on a natural light brown base.  Didn't have enough money to go back and get some loooong roots done, so bought a kit from walmart (why don't we women ever learn?) turned out my whole head BRASSY BLONDE!! AWFUL! So, I dyed it dark brown all over (DARK brown) and it's okay, but I desperately miss my highlights..NOW KNOWING THE HISTORY...HOW DO I GET BACK AND DO IT RIGHT?? Tell me exactly what to do!
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 12:27am
simply put, go back to the professional that did them in the first place
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
glitter_princes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glitter_princes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 4:55am
Hey i did the same thing, i had some different coloured foils put through my hair which i didnt like so i used a permanent dark brown colour which turned black. I went to my new hairdresser and i said that i wanted to get it lighter, like a light brown, but now i want it blonde. Basically they said to me my permanent black would eventually wash out but it would take some time. I had to get semies put over my hair every 2-3 months to cover regrowth. One day i said ok i want to go blonde, im sick of brown to my hairdresser. She said because she didnt want to damage my hair, that i should gradually get foils till she can put a colour over it. So far ive had two half heads of foils and am going to get a full head next week. After that i will either get another full heap or see if she can colour it. anyways, although it will take you some time to achieve blonde hair(it has taken me about 10 months to a yr), have fun with all the different shades you go through to get there. I thought i would get impatient and do something stupid but i actually liked having brown with blonde, and then more and then now im more like blonde with brown foils!good luck
Sweet Dreams xxxooo
Prune juice will set you free...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic