Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Highlights...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BluesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BluesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Highlights...
    Posted: July 05 2005 at 1:19pm
Hi,

My natural hair colour is Auburn, I've never changed it at all and I've got a good medium length cut and I guess I don't mind the colour so much anymore, but I'm bored with it, I'd love to have some highlights or something in it but Im not sure what would look right or what to go for or even ask for at the hairdressers..

Any advice, much appreciated!
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 3:13pm

How abt light blonde highlights in contrast w/ ur nat. aubrun hair. (lucky ) Don't ask but i've always thought that looks v. pretty!

Or more intense red highlights, lol...well its up to u really but def. see wht the hairdresser has to say! Good luck!

Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 3:24pm
yeah I had thin blonde highlights through an auburn base.It looks really pretty.It was one of my favorite hair looks.But because I'm not naturally auburn the base color faded and made the color look bland..But its a really nice look that you will have no trouble with.Just make sure to keep the highlights extra thin cause the chunks tend to give a blond look(unless thats what you want).the thin ones will just brighten up your color.Its all preference.
BluesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BluesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 1:04pm

Thanks both for your advice, I think I will go for the thin blonde highlights.. off to the hairdressers tomorrow.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 1:34pm
did you get your hair done? If so how do you like it?
BluesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BluesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Longhairdreams Longhairdreams wrote:

did you get your hair done? If so how do you like it?

Haven't had it done yet, the woman that always cuts my hair couldn't do it this weekend so I'm having it done wednesday afternoon, she said thin blonde highlights would look nice, and alot of people go to dye their hair auburn and have them put in. 

Im looking forward to it now,  it'll be a change! 

Thanks for asking... I'll let you know what I think when I;ve had it done.
BluesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BluesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 2:37pm
Got my hair done with the blonde highlights and I love it, well I do now a week later, wasnt sure at first it kinda looked like it had to much blonde in it but they've done a great job on it.. Glad I had it done now.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 10:18pm
its nice to hear someone satisfied with their hair color. its so rare these days. it sounds like it looks amazing, and obviously you feel that it does. glad it turned out well for you!!
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic