Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In need of...product advice!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In need of...product advice!
    Posted: July 06 2005 at 2:00pm
Suggestions is more like what I am seeking really. I'm tired of using hair products that make my hair crunchy...and/or don't hold the style. I have really thick hair for one...that does what it wants. Um...anyway, what hair gels would you recommend that will actually keep my hair the way I dried it without making it feel stiff and stuff?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 7:21am
That's a tough one.  Hopefully someone else will respond with more current gel experience.  (I haven't used gels in 10 years or more).  If you want hold, I think you'll have to have a certain amount of stiffness (unless they've made better products now).    One way to do it is goop your hair up with gel, then let it dry and brush it out (you can't use too much gel or you'll get white flakes), then after you brushed it out and styled it how you want, hairspray it lightly.  It's going to be stiff, but it shouldn't look wet, and it should hold.  Mousse is the only other lightweight thing I know of that won't get stiff, but its often too lightweight to really hold.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
andylynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andylynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 1:23pm
try bedhead manipulator i've heard it's the best thing for hairstyling, my boyfriend uses it and it's not crunchy or wet looking, and he has super thick dark hair and it holds all day. just be careful you don't use too much
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 1:30pm
Can you scrunch the crunch out? Here are reviews of gels. http://naturallycurly2.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5103 0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Edited by Layla
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic